Chinese OSCs inc. Shenzhen Blues + Sun Jihai + China tours

City v Borussia Dortmund, Shenzhen meet up place
McCAWLEY'S BAR FUTIAN
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen, Futian, Mintian Rd, 138号, Shopping Park 购物公园151-152号, Shenzhen, China
http://mcfcsupportersclub.co.uk/shenzhen/
Any problems that way, feel free to download an app called WeChat (Whatsapp works; Facebook etc need VPNs) and message user: acton28. I'll add you to SZ Blues group.

City v Utd, Beijing meet up place:

For the game in Shenzhen, we're meeting in McCawley's Bar, Futian on the day.

In Beijing there is a gathering point... I'll find out more

Cheers man that'd be great.

With relation to the weather, it was brutal on wednesday, the worst I've seen it but it's mostly cleared up now. Looks fine from where I am but there is another storm forecast for monday supposedly

Not sure where to put this do not think it needs its own thread yet as it is my gut only but my gut is telling me that our partnership with Soccer World which has not been announced as such but they are an official partner and did some charity event with City could be significant. Given the money we got from china earlier. People mostly thought we would buy a club but other suggested we set up loads of academies / pitches / schools Soccer World provide 5 aside football for friends charities corporate events

How much do clubs in China cost ?

How much would football facilities cost ?

Not sure where to put this do not think it needs its own thread yet as it is my gut only but my gut is telling me that our partnership with Soccer World which has not been announced as such but they are an official partner and did some charity event with City could be significant. Given the money we got from china earlier. People mostly thought we would buy a club but other suggested we set up loads of academies / pitches / schools Soccer World provide 5 aside football for friends charities corporate events

How much do clubs in China cost ?

How much would football facilities cost ?

Why would we sign a partnership with Soccer World and then muscle in on their turf as a direct competitor? If we were going to go into the field of academies and training facilities under the terms of the partnership it wouldn't be to buy them ourselves, it would be to have Soccer World brand their stuff with our name and occasionally borrow our coaches for a few years etc. If we wanted to own and operate ourselves we'd never have signed the deal.

Why would we sign a partnership with Soccer World and then muscle in on their turf as a direct competitor? If we were going to go into the field of academies and training facilities under the terms of the partnership it wouldn't be to buy them ourselves, it would be to have Soccer World brand their stuff with our name and occasionally borrow our coaches for a few years etc. If we wanted to own and operate ourselves we'd never have signed the deal.

Owning and operating can be done by different companies

Never said we would or would not own Soccer World

We could have some sort of partnership I would say that Soccer World would be very good at getting customers whilst we would be very good at overseeing the running of them even if Soccer World provided most of the coaches for logistical reason. Given the money we just got we might want to also build the facilities we also have experience given the scale of the campus here. But then I am sure they also know what they are doing

Seems like your trying to argue with me when there is no argument to be had

Owning and operating can be done by different companies

Never said we would or would not own Soccer World

We could have some sort of partnership I would say that Soccer World would be very good at getting customers whilst we would be very good at overseeing the running of them even if Soccer World provided most of the coaches for logistical reason. Given the money we just got we might want to also build the facilities we also have experience given the scale of the campus here. But then I am sure they also know what they are doing

Seems like your trying to argue with me when there is no argument to be had

I wasn't trying to argue with you at all, just pointing out that I thought you were looking at it the wrong way. Admittedly now I re-read your original message it doesn't seem to say what I thought it said before - the way I originally read it (I think I put a bit too much emphasis on that last line of yours) it gave me the impression that you were saying that you thought we were going to start building training facilities across the country. I was just saying that I don't see the value in doing that - Soccer World (from what I've read) already own numerous sites across the country and I doubt that City would willingly build more when they can just piggyback Soccer World's existing infrastructure and let them absorb all the set-up costs. On top of that, I doubt that Soccer World would actually like City to build any facilities unless they weren't commercial or to be taken over by Soccer World as part of the agreement, for fear that they would end up competing.

My gut feeling is that any partnership with Soccer World is little more than a glorified branding experiment - Soccer World plaster City's image all over everything, but City ultimately end up owning and controlling absolutely nothing.

I wasn't trying to argue with you at all, just pointing out that I thought you were looking at it the wrong way. Admittedly now I re-read your original message it doesn't seem to say what I thought it said before - the way I originally read it (I think I put a bit too much emphasis on that last line of yours) it gave me the impression that you were saying that you thought we were going to start building training facilities across the country. I was just saying that I don't see the value in doing that - Soccer World (from what I've read) already own numerous sites across the country and I doubt that City would willingly build more when they can just piggyback Soccer World's existing infrastructure and let them absorb all the set-up costs. On top of that, I doubt that Soccer World would actually like City to build any facilities unless they weren't commercial or to be taken over by Soccer World as part of the agreement, for fear that they would end up competing.

My gut feeling is that any partnership with Soccer World is little more than a glorified branding experiment - Soccer World plaster City's image all over everything, but City ultimately end up owning and controlling absolutely nothing.

I had thought that perhaps city would build the academies and Soccer world run them with city over seeing quality control This seems like a good deal for both but especially Soccer world It would boast both brands They would get fees We would get an assets and top players. But I can now see that Soccer World might feel worried

I had thought that perhaps city would build the academies and Soccer world run them with city over seeing quality control This seems like a good deal for both but especially Soccer world It would boast both brands They would get fees We would get an assets and top players. But I can now see that Soccer World might feel worried

Yeah. The other thing about it is that City are unlikely to want to let Soccer World run any facility which they have built for footballing reasons, because they'll want to tightly control any potential source of future footballers themselves. Plus, I doubt City would want to get into any deal which involves them paying someone else - as far as City are concerned, they are supposed to be the ones getting paid. FFP and all that - got to pocket every last penny. Hence why I just see this as one big branding exercise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.