Best save I've seen (on TV)

Big Swifty

I was in France on Saturday and saw a bit of Spurs v Atletico Madrid on one of their sports channels. Spurs attacked, the ball came in from the wing and a Spurs player absolutely hammered the ball in first time from near the penalty spot. The Atletico keeper, Oblak, flew across and parried the ball over the bar. I don'y know how he even saw it.
For me, it was better than the Banks save from Pele that everyone raves about.
Did anyone else see it?

I was in France on Saturday and saw a bit of Spurs v Atletico Madrid on one of their sports channels. Spurs attacked, the ball came in from the wing and a Spurs player absolutely hammered the ball in first time from near the penalty spot. The Atletico keeper, Oblak, flew across and parried the ball over the bar. I don'y know how he even saw it.
For me, it was better than the Banks save from Pele that everyone raves about.
Did anyone else see it?

Just had a quick look at it now.

That is some save!

see it absolutely brilliant save,that was a proper world class save.i remember smcheical (sp) saved one very similar to the banks save.

being a goalkeeper when I was younger big joe was my hero, and I remember a save v Leeds away that is still my favourite most probably not the best save ever but to me it is.

While your on about saves,was a video on Facebook of city training(dunno if today),and I have no idea what the fuck Willy was playing at,but NOBODY could beat him.....NOBODY!

see it absolutely brilliant save,that was a proper world class save.i remember smcheical (sp) saved one very similar to the banks save.

being a goalkeeper when I was younger big joe was my hero, and I remember a save v Leeds away that is still my favourite most probably not the best save ever but to me it is.

Free header from 6 yards, Joe had his weight on the wrong side but managed to readjust and get his hand to the ball all in a split second.

Decent save, but wouldn't class it with Banks' effort against Brazil. To me, his left hand isn't a mile from the ball, and, although he's starting to move the wrong way, it is just very good reactions. The sort of reactions one would expect to see from slip fielders in cricket on a regular basis. Banks, and the Schmeichel save for us v the dippers, were different, in that they were upright, had to get down very quickly to just inside the post and somehow not just touch it, but find a way of keeping t out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.