Best save I've seen (on TV)

That Banks save is overrated, seen better in my local park..
I'm assuming tongue in cheek but I actually agree to an extent. It's a fantastic save but I imagine that because its Banks, against Pele, that it lives as the best save in football folklore to this day still.

Agreed.

Joe has made some brilliant saves for City since Bobby chose him over Shay.

The Spurs game (opening match of the 2010/11 season) springs to mind. He was outstanding that day.
That game, and the one Vs Dortmund, where they battered us, but Joe kept making save, after, save after save, are up there with his best performances.

Free header from 6 yards, Joe had his weight on the wrong side but managed to readjust and get his hand to the ball all in a split second.

Just about to look for this, came second in save if the season to an inferior rag effort I recall, agenda was rife back then too

Yep, young Nicky was brilliant that night.

It's still the only occasion when I've seen a 'keeper drag the ball from behind him to make a save.

i was right behind the goal for that, best reaction save ive seen by some distance, off David Johnson if I remember correctly. Never understood the hype over the Banks save, good, but there are better on a regular basis

Dont suppose anyone saw the penalty save by Trevor Holmes for Stalybridge Celtic v Winsford did they? everyone was raving about a kid in the winsford goal that day called neville southall, but the old guy at the other end outshone him. wonder what happened to the kid.....

i was right behind the goal for that, best reaction save ive seen by some distance, off David Johnson if I remember correctly. Never understood the hype over the Banks save, good, but there are better on a regular basis

Dont suppose anyone saw the penalty save by Trevor Holmes for Stalybridge Celtic v Winsford did they? everyone was raving about a kid in the winsford goal that day called neville southall, but the old guy at the other end outshone him. wonder what happened to the kid.....

I was in BB on the Kippax, but could still see what a phenomenal save it was.

That night, we were supposedly watching the future of England's goalkeeping, with Nicky in one net and Richard Wright in the other. Sadly, it didn't quite turn out that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.