John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I was not clear. I think its unrealistic for City to be the finished article at this moment. I remember us geting thumped in a Community Shield after winning the League and we hd a bad season, however against Arsenal there was plenty of desire and commitment. We just ket making defensive mistakes which is not a surprise given the defensive players

We have had 3 pre-season games against 3 of the top sides in Europe. We were always going to make mistakes whilst getting to grips with Pep's system.

Another way to look at it is that our weakness at the moment seems to be playing out from the back, although we have hardly played with any senior CBs. However, we only seemed to struggle when the whole opposition pressed us. Against the likes of Arsenal and Dortmund that will happen.

Yet I can't see many of the PL sides abandoning their game plan to press us. 9/10 we will overcome it and it will give our attacking players more space. Also, if teams don't press us as a unit and press as individuals, it will just give us an opportunity to have an extra man in space.

I don't think our midfield is comparable to Barcelona, Madrid or Bayern, I don't think that our defence is at the same level either. I'm more arsed about us reaching the levels of the elite clubs than Barker or Angelino starting.

Garcia could already be an accomplished midfielder in our team, easily could turn out to be as good as Kroos.

We have had 3 pre-season games against 3 of the top sides in Europe. We were always going to make mistakes whilst getting to grips with Pep's system.

Another way to look at it is that our weakness at the moment seems to be playing out from the back, although we have hardly played with any senior CBs. However, we only seemed to struggle when the whole opposition pressed us. Against the likes of Arsenal and Dortmund that will happen.

Yet I can't see many of the PL sides abandoning their game plan to press us. 9/10 we will overcome it and it will give our attacking players more space. Also, if teams don't press us as a unit and press as individuals, it will just give us an opportunity to have an extra man in space.
The Champions League games are a concern. Also away in the Premiership. But I am hopeful that this is just a short term issue of 3 central defenders all being out at the same time.

what bothers me about Stones is that alongside Kompany or Otamendi I think he'd be superb, but if he's the main man he might struggle himself. He is a young player. For a world record fee for a defender, you'd expect a player who can instantly become the lynch-pin of a team's defence. I wouldn't be confident of Stones in a City defence unless it was marshalled by Kompany or Otamendi.

I don't think our midfield is comparable to Barcelona, Madrid or Bayern, I don't think that our defence is at the same level either. I'm more arsed about us reaching the levels of the elite clubs than Barker or Angelino starting.

Gundogan, Fernandinho and Silva or KDV at no10 is very strong. Problem is lack fo strength in depth. Need a top CM for sure

Agree with your post. Zab and Kolarov need to go, replace with starting eleven quality. Angelino and Maffeo replace Clichy and Sagna and puwh for starting places.

The Champions League games are a concern. Also away in the Premiership. But I am hopeful that this is just a short term issue of 3 central defenders all being out at the same time.

what bothers me about Stones is that alongside Kompany or Otamendi I think he'd be superb, but if he's the main man he might struggle himself. He is a young player. For a world record fee for a defender, you'd expect a player who can instantly become the lynch-pin of a team's defence. I wouldn't be confident of Stones in a City defence unless it was marshalled by Kompany or Otamendi.

I also think that the pitches haven't helped players get to grips with Pep's system at all but it will all come together soon enough.

I also think you're spot on in regards to Stones' leadership. Then again I wouldn't class Otamendi as a leader either. Both Manga and Ota were totally different players when played alongside Vinny than as a partnership. It's why I though Bonucci would have been the ideal player for us.

Looking at Pep's comments on Mangala and Bony then it looks like both of them will be off. A back 4 of Vinny, Stones, Otamendi and Denayer looks very inexperienced, especially with Vinny's injury problems. Denayer also hasn't had much of a look in and if he goes then we will need another CB.

As long as attacking with all that quality means we never have to defend, then so be it. We've basically got 1 defender in that line up, Kompany and he's risky in injury terms. Clichy doesn't really count as a defender or a forward!

No Silva, no Nolito, no Nacho, no Yaya, no Nasri.
Don't talk bollocks, and who exactly are you dropping from that starting 11 to put all 5 of your named players in?

June

Txiki... give you 30m for Stones
Everton ... No we want 50m
Txiki .... How about 35m
Everton ...no 50m

July

Txiki ....37m
Everton ....come on you know the price 50m
Txiki .... 40.25m
Everton .....50m or no deal
Txiki .... 42m ...we need to have him integrated into the squad asap and that is a fair price
Everton .... No

August

Txiki .... 44m or 25m and Bony
Everton....You have been told the price 50m, and we dont want that hopeless piece of crap Bony either
Txiki ..... Our back 4 is a shambles, we have Kolarov and Fernando playing there FFS ....47m
Everton ...No 50m cash or don't bother us again
Txiki ( 3 days before the season starts ) ..... OK 50m

June

Txiki... give you 30m for Stones
Everton ... No we want 50m
Txiki .... How about 35m
Everton ...no 50m

July

Txiki ....37m
Everton ....come on you know the price 50m
Txiki .... 40.25m
Everton .....50m or no deal
Txiki .... 42m ...we need to have him integrated into the squad asap and that is a fair price
Everton .... No

August

Txiki .... 44m or 25m and Bony
Everton....You have been told the price 50m, and we dont want that hopeless piece of crap Bony either
Txiki ..... Our back 4 is a shambles, we have Kolarov and Fernando playing there FFS ....47m
Everton ...No 50m cash or don't bother us again
Txiki ( 3 days before the season starts ) ..... OK 50m
If a club doesn't want to sell, what do you do. If we started at £45m, they'd be asking for £70m like they are doing with Chelsea for Lukaku. if they want to start another season with an unsettled player, more fool them.

Don't talk bollocks, and who exactly are you dropping from that starting 11 to put all 5 of your named players in?
Going by that team selection yesterday, I'd say Kompany, Hart, Clichy, Zaba and Stones would be the ones to make way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.