Cam Humphreys(signs permanently for Zulte Waregem)

Maybe one for the Manuel Pellegrini thread, but surely at 3/4 up today we could give this lad 15 minutes - 1 injury to Otamendi/MDM and we are seriously in trouble at CB, a run out for the first team is surely going to settle any potential nerves in this scenario

Had one of the CB's got injured I suspect Sagna was there to take their place.

Maybe one for the Manuel Pellegrini thread, but surely at 3/4 up today we could give this lad 15 minutes - 1 injury to Otamendi/MDM and we are seriously in trouble at CB, a run out for the first team is surely going to settle any potential nerves in this scenario

This is a trick we're missing out on IMO. Over the course of a season, certainly over the course of Pellegrini's reign, we've had a lot of big wins at home where we could give a young player the last part of the game. We don't often do it. Over the years at top clubs, plenty of young players have been given that 10-15 minutes, really impressed and worked their way further into the manager's plans. I actually think we're seeing a pretty good example of that right now with Iheanacho.

I think it's under-rated what a hugely important 10-15 minutes that could be for a young, inexperienced player. Players like Roberts, Barker and even Humpreys could have been given that 10-15 minutes a few times this season.

Much as I'm 100% in favour of giving kids a shot at the first team, I really don't understand why Humphreys is the one who gets picked for the first team squad at this time. He is a great prospect but certainly not the defender I would choose a this time. He is just not physically ready to play cb in the Premier League imo. He will get 'done' at headers etc & might damage his confidence.

This is a trick we're missing out on IMO. Over the course of a season, certainly over the course of Pellegrini's reign, we've had a lot of big wins at home where we could give a young player the last part of the game. We don't often do it. Over the years at top clubs, plenty of young players have been given that 10-15 minutes, really impressed and worked their way further into the manager's plans. I actually think we're seeing a pretty good example of that right now with Iheanacho.

I think it's under-rated what a hugely important 10-15 minutes that could be for a young, inexperienced player. Players like Roberts, Barker and even Humpreys could have been given that 10-15 minutes a few times this season.
'This is a trick we're missing out on' and then you quote Iheancho as an example of how to do it? Sorry, but I'm a bit confused there. It's an excellent idea to get them some game time but you can't play them all.

'This is a trick we're missing out on' and then you quote Iheancho as an example of how to do it? Sorry, but I'm a bit confused there. It's an excellent idea to get them some game time but you can't play them all.

Iheanacho is the only young player who's really been given that opportunity. By saying we're missing a trick I meant we should be doing it more often, Iheanacho is a perfect example of it working. Lopes should have given more gametime last season, I think Roberts and Barker should have got a few more run outs this season considering we're low on cover for wingers.

More talented young players should be given a run out when we're 3 or 4 goals up IMO.

Iheanacho is the only young player who's really been given that opportunity. By saying we're missing a trick I meant we should be doing it more often, Iheanacho is a perfect example of it working. Lopes should have given more gametime last season, I think Roberts and Barker should have got a few more run outs this season considering we're low on cover for wingers.

More talented young players should be given a run out when we're 3 or 4 goals up IMO.
Iheanacho is being given his chance because he's good enough and would have shown it in training as well. Lopes was on loan last season at Lille, first team football at Lille was better than sat on the bench with us with just the odd appearance. Roberts has had the odd appearance and just doesn't look ready (I think he's been injured too but may be wrong), he's not been impressive for the EDS from what I've heard. Barker I have no idea what's going on with him at the moment TBH.

If Demechelis or Mangala had left last Summer I've no doubt that Denayour would still be here and getting lots of game time.

He only turns 18 in a couple of weeks. He'll stay with the eds this year I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.