Zackarias Faour

From this.. A climactic stoppage time winner from Manchester City’s Zackarias Faour gave the Blues a close-fought 4-3 victory over Aspire Qatar
Sure enough, when City’s winning goal came in final minute of added time, it was no surprise to anyone watching that striker Zackarias Faour was the goalscorer.

Latching onto a brilliant sideways pass into the box from Miles Beerman, Faour dribbled past the Aspire International keeper before poking home from close range, becoming the tournament’s leading scorer in the process.
It was the perfect way to complete a memorable man-of-the-match performance for the Sweden-born player as part of a spirited team performance from City.

http://internationalcup.alkass.net/u17/?p=3766

Three minutes later and City substitute Zackarias Faour ran unchallenged through the Fire midfield before slotting home from the edge of the box to make it five goals for the Blues.

And still, despite their emphatic advantage, the English team continued to press for the next goal and, in injury time, they made it 6-1, with Faour firing in the last kick of the game with a delicious 30-yard free-kick.

http://internationalcup.alkass.net/u17/?p=3688

To what @twosips says unbelievable...

I don't know what your problem is pal? the lad obviously can play football, or he wouldn't have been at the club in the first place. what twosips is saying is that he didn't seem to have the heart or fight to be at the club long term, it happens. you might see him go to another club and be more comfortable in his surroundings, come out of his shell and be brilliant. but for whatever reason it just didn't happen for him here.

we have to remember that some of these lads are still kids, and some kids are socially awkward and shy - I'm not saying Faour is, I don't know him.

From this.. A climactic stoppage time winner from Manchester City’s Zackarias Faour gave the Blues a close-fought 4-3 victory over Aspire Qatar
Sure enough, when City’s winning goal came in final minute of added time, it was no surprise to anyone watching that striker Zackarias Faour was the goalscorer.

Latching onto a brilliant sideways pass into the box from Miles Beerman, Faour dribbled past the Aspire International keeper before poking home from close range, becoming the tournament’s leading scorer in the process.
It was the perfect way to complete a memorable man-of-the-match performance for the Sweden-born player as part of a spirited team performance from City.

http://internationalcup.alkass.net/u17/?p=3766

Three minutes later and City substitute Zackarias Faour ran unchallenged through the Fire midfield before slotting home from the edge of the box to make it five goals for the Blues.

And still, despite their emphatic advantage, the English team continued to press for the next goal and, in injury time, they made it 6-1, with Faour firing in the last kick of the game with a delicious 30-yard free-kick.

http://internationalcup.alkass.net/u17/?p=3688

To what @twosips says unbelievable...

That was January 2014! More than 2 and a half years ago. He was a year older than most playing there and that was when he joined as a prospect. He's done absolutely nowt since. Is it really unbelievable? Is it impossibly hard to fathom that a child star could fail to live up to his potential? Ill ask again - I presume you've watched him for our teams and seen differently since then? You seem hell bent on implying it either way.

You can't take a match report off a site from that long ago and use that as proof that he's a good player now. It's absolutely mental. He WAS highly rated, but as ever theres always a risk as he'd been playing at a considerably lower level overseas. He hasnt taken to life over here for some reason and I've seen him numerous times since then, expecting and hoping to see glimpses of his talents, but sadly I've rarely seen anything. He seemed fired up at the start of last season and had a good 3 or 4 games, plus scored that Blackburn goal. Then he reverted back to type and fell (deservedly) behind Nmecha and Buckley in the pecking order. That is football. Some talents make it, some fizzle out. Especially in the teenage years. Faour seems a fairweather player. In that Al Kass tournament when he was older and bigger than most, plus he got the ball more because games are more open at that age, he was fine. Now every one has caught up physically he looks soft and he doesn't have the fight.

That was January 2014! More than 2 and a half years ago. He was a year older than most playing there and that was when he joined as a prospect. He's done absolutely nowt since. Is it really unbelievable? Is it impossibly hard to fathom that a child star could fail to live up to his potential? Ill ask again - I presume you've watched him for our teams and seen differently since then? You seem hell bent on implying it either way.

You can't take a match report off a site from that long ago and use that as proof that he's a good player now. It's absolutely mental. He WAS highly rated, but as ever theres always a risk as he'd been playing at a considerably lower level overseas. He hasnt taken to life over here for some reason and I've seen him numerous times since then, expecting and hoping to see glimpses of his talents, but sadly I've rarely seen anything. He seemed fired up at the start of last season and had a good 3 or 4 games, plus scored that Blackburn goal. Then he reverted back to type and fell (deservedly) behind Nmecha and Buckley in the pecking order. That is football. Some talents make it, some fizzle out. Especially in the teenage years. Faour seems a fairweather player. In that Al Kass tournament when he was older and bigger than most, plus he got the ball more because games are more open at that age, he was fine. Now every one has caught up physically he looks soft and he doesn't have the fight.
I wouldn't bother bud, he's obviously wumming. Almost all of his posts in this forum are negative with a particular emphasis on having a pop at Marwood. He even quotes from a book about fergie which always looks suspicious.

Lets hope he can turn it our around and become better player than Bony one day.

I remember him when he played his first games for City, he was outstanding.

Didn't watch him that much but when I did, he was overtaken by the quality & effort of the players around him from what I could see.

I'm much more concerned about Thierry Ambrose & Denzeil Boadu.

Whats the latest on these two? still injured? don't hear anything on either of them.

I wouldn't bother bud, he's obviously wumming. Almost all of his posts in this forum are negative with a particular emphasis on having a pop at Marwood. He even quotes from a book about fergie which always looks suspicious.

Fergie? GPC don't you mean who's suspicious Hmmmmmmm

What's suspicious about taking extracts from the internet showing what the rags that are at the club got up to?

Winger Ben Thornley was another local boy who'd been training with Manchester City only to be lured away by Fergie's personal touch. I think I must have been one of the very few privileged lads who had Alex Ferguson round here with Brian Kidd to the house, to talk to myself and my parents. But Giggs and Thornley weren't the only ones to get personal visits from the boss. Simon Davies too was expected -and – expecting – to sign for Manchester City on his fourteenth birthday. At the last moment a united scout suggested he take part in a trial match. Alex Ferguson and youth- development officer, Joe Brown, came to my house the following night and signed me up..

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...he following night and signed me up..&f=false

Scored 2 against the scousers then he Vanished?

Anyway doesn't matter what i think or say on here it won't change the fact what I pointed out? He's gone..
Silly FC Midtjylland if they buy him they should take a look on here first;-)

What was it he said?
Faour said he wants to develop himself as much as possible and reach Midtjylland’s first team quickly. “I believe in the club and they believe in me,” the 18-year-old added as he prepares for the next stage of his career.

Didn't want to create a new thread as he's left and he's been mentioned in here. Anyone know why Beerman's gone to Rangers? He spent pre-season with us so it seems a strange one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.