Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Brahim is coming with us to Swansea, with Aleix, Pablo, Tosin and Angelino.

“But they will follow Bersant Celina, Enes Unal and Brandon Barker to play in Holland so we get a true perspective". - pep

“Brahim is coming with us to Swansea, with Aleix, Pablo, Tosin and Angelino.

“But they will follow Bersant Celina, Enes Unal and Brandon Barker to play in Holland so we get a true perspective". - pep

Pep doesn't have the greatest control of personal pronouns, and mixed we/they in his press conference, but I took him to mean that the club is actively following the development of those players plying their trade in the Netherlands, not necessarily that Brahim et al. would follow suit.

Pep doesn't have the greatest control of personal pronouns, and mixed we/they in his press conference, but I took him to mean that the club is actively following the development of those players plying their trade in the Netherlands, not necessarily that Brahim et al. would follow suit.

That's how I understood it. He was telling those on loan that he/City are watching them, which is great imo. Players on loan may as well have been dead for the past few years.

That's how I understood it. He was telling those on loan that he/City are watching them, which is great imo. Players on loan may as well have been dead for the past few years.

I presume, though, that the club was still watching how these players were developing, but that there was little intention of actually acting on any progress. Whilst more encouraging noises are being made, it remains to be seen quite how far the club is prepared to go under Guardiola, which adds another interesting dimension to tonight's offering and the months ahead.

I presume, though, that the club was still watching how these players were developing, but that there was little intention of actually acting on any progress. Whilst more encouraging noises are being made, it remains to be seen quite how far the club is prepared to go under Guardiola, which adds another interesting dimension to tonight's offering and the months ahead.

The club & fans were watching them, but the manager ?

I still remember that one of the few kids to get a game, was Pozo, up front with his back to goal v giants. At the time, he was stinking the place out at EDS level.

I don't believe the manager had a clue even about the kids who were playing here, never mind those out on loan. It's great Pep is making a connection between the kids & the first team.

It must give them encouragement & give them something to aim for even if they don't make it.

If only Pep had been coaching Barker two years ago.

We can interpret his comments how we like but the fact is he's mentioned him by name in other press conferences as well as this one(there's plenty he hasn't mentioned at all that are good), he's one of the players that sticks out for him quite clearly, there's also training videos of him talking one to one with Barker that were quite encouraging.

Whether he got the right responses from him we wont know and as Pep says it's all down to the players in the end,whether they have the intelligence to listen, give what he wants and to keep improving... it's a journey for all of these players some talented players can fall off the path and some can quietly over take others before anyone notices. It's a shame so many have wrote him off on hearsay about attitude, even if it was the case that could easily change as he matures.

Last edited:
The club & fans were watching them, but the manager ?

I still remember that one of the few kids to get a game, was Pozo, up front with his back to goal v giants. At the time, he was stinking the place out at EDS level.

I don't believe the manager had a clue even about the kids who were playing here, never mind those out on loan. It's great Pep is making a connection between the kids & the first team.

It must give them encouragement & give them something to aim for even if they don't make it.

If only Pep had been coaching Barker two years ago.
He would've been straight in the first team, he was amazing in 2014/15 winning man of the match any time he played. He and Angelino were unstoppable.

Yeah I heard it as that in the context as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.