Synthwave.

And Can, Kraftwerk etc etc. All part of Krautrock as it was called in the late 60's/ early 70's. Very experimental and a lot of it not very accessible. It wasn't until John Peel started to champion TD that they got a wider audience though. Obviously, when you do something as groundbreaking as they did you will have people taking their own spin on it. Like Jarre. Don't forget, Moroder lived in Berlin in the late 60's and was there at the start.

Krautrock inspired the likes of Vince Clarke, OMD and all the other late 70's/ early 80's electronic music. My favourite band of this period though was Yellow Magic Orchestra. Fantastically weird. Their self titled first album deserves a listen if only to see where computer games musicians got their ideas from!

Wasn't Ryiuchi Sakamoto part of YMO before his David Sylvian collaboration? Very underrated guy.

I am a massive New Order and Depeche Mode fan. I have just spent an absolute bomb on a complete rig out for producing but I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. The plan was to try and make electro pop type stuff. It is hard going though at present.
Pete your stuff is right up my street though. Some nice tunes.

I am a massive New Order and Depeche Mode fan. I have just spent an absolute bomb on a complete rig out for producing but I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. The plan was to try and make electro pop type stuff. It is hard going though at present.
Pete your stuff is right up my street though. Some nice tunes.

Cheers mate, but theres no need to spend big though. A £40 keyboard linked to Reason or Ableton will suffice. I like reason as it's so easy to use and set up. A nice pair of studio monitors would be a good idea to.

But stick to just one software and get to know it as much as you can, YouTube is a good resource. Download the demo and have a play bud.

Then there's this guy ...

Ronald Jenkees

Probably one of the best Synth players of my generation... And I'm nearly 50

Yello have just released there first new album 'Toy' since 1991, definitely worth a listen

Here's another one of our tracks. Hope you like it.

Listen to Hyperdrive by Obsidion #np on #SoundCloud

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.