The good pundits

Cityfan

A lot probably a majority of the pundits can talk a load of drivel or just be a bit simplistic.
However does anyone have any pundits who they listen to or look forward to hearing . Either because they give good insights or because they are entertaining or just because they speak well.

For me
Historically Jimmy Armfield on the radio was always worth listening to and I don't mind Pleat now.
Terry Venables was always someone who added insight and I have a lot of time for Souness and Neville now.

Gary Neville....
Owen Hargreaves talks some sense.
Lee Dixon.

The problem with football punditry is most (if not all) of the guys involved with the game who actually know about it intellectually are too busy managing/coaching clubs or are still playing to have any time to talk for a minute on a tv/radio show.

All the numpties, those who failed at coaching/managing or werent even overly successful players, or were successful players but are daft as a brush and couldn't coach for shit... They end up on these shows.

I mean Gary Neville comes across quite well and knowledgeable yet he was completely owned when he had a go at managing for real.

You'll see the likes of Dwight Yorke, Shearer, Savage and so on because they are absolutely shit at coaching.
If they were "good" they'd be managing clubs in the champs league right now.

Craig Bellamy comes across as direct, balanced and most of all informed in his analysis from what I've seen and heard from him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.