Speeding ticket in Victoria, Australia

Innsbruckblue

So I've just received a speeding fine from Victoria police, sent all the way to my flat in Innsbruck. It appears I was caught on camera doing 106 in a 100 zone, so have been slapped with a $194 dollar fine and a one point penalty. For all our Australian residents, is that a normal fine or are they trying it on because I'm foreign? Cheers!

So I've just received a speeding fine from Victoria police, sent all the way to my flat in Innsbruck. It appears I was caught on camera doing 106 in a 100 zone, so have been slapped with a $194 dollar fine and a one point penalty. For all our Australian residents, is that a normal fine or are they trying it on because I'm foreign? Cheers!
Was it in a hire car and are you likely to go back to Victoria?

Anyone who starts a sentence with 'so' deserves a speeding ticket.

Sounds about right.
If you write a letter to whoever sent it stating that you accept that u did the wrong thing, its your first offence (hopefully) and you expect you wont do it again, they can let u off with a warning.
Not saying it'll happen for certain but it worked for me.

Sounds about right.
If you write a letter to whoever sent it stating that you accept that u did the wrong thing, its your first offence (hopefully) and you expect you wont do it again, they can let u off with a warning.
Not saying it'll happen for certain but it worked for me.
Thanks a lot. I've spent the last couple of hours looking at Victoria Police's website and discovered just that, so I've downloaded the official Internal Review form and I'm planning to appeal on the grounds of having an exemplary driving record.

Thanks a lot. I've spent the last couple of hours looking at Victoria Police's website and discovered just that, so I've downloaded the official Internal Review form and I'm planning to appeal on the grounds of having an exemplary driving record.
Offer a contribution to a charity of their choice for good measure.

I doubt they even know you're foreign. Aren't all these things done by computer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.