City 3 - 1 Barcelona - Post match thread :-)

Must say I don't think Sterling did himself any favours with the swallow dive. FfS the guy stood on his foot yet he launched himself forward with both feet trailing in the air behind him. If he'd crumpled more realistically he might have had more chance with the bent bastard. Needs to be a bit cuter in Europe

Must say I don't think Sterling did himself any favours with the swallow dive. FfS the guy stood on his foot yet he launched himself forward with both feet trailing in the air behind him. If he'd crumpled more realistically he might have had more chance with the bent bastard. Needs to be a bit cuter in Europe
+1

I wasn't actually sure if Sterling was stepped on - hard to tell even looking at the replay. That said, I thought it was a clear foul and that the defender at least tripped Sterling with his leg.

Sterling exaggerated the contact and the ref didn't have a clear view of the play - this lead to a yellow card against Sterling. Extremely harsh and a total miscall.

Sometimes exaggeration works out - forces the ref to make a call - sometimes not.

I don't feel like Pep already made up his mind about this.

I think Stones is a given now, and rightly so, so much potential in him both as a defender and a "footballer".

But Otamendi / Vinny and even Kolarov as center back I don't think anyone is ruled out yet.

Otamendi always very energetic, but still looks like a headless chicken during large parts of the game. Often running out of position to attempt an impossible interception and leave loads of space in behind him. We've seen this a couple of times against Barcelona too.

Vinny I think still the best of the lot, but relying on him is a real problem. You want a partnership you can count on.

I really like Kolarov as an alternative, always calm, great passing and vision, but obviously less defensive ability than the others.

Agree with that, Otamendi seems to have reverted to type, going to ground far too often, he seemed to have stopped but Pep needs another word

I don't think people appreciate the pace the game is played at. the bloke stood on sterling's foot as he was pushing off it. of course he's going to launch forward with both feet trailing. it would be pretty remarkable if he didn't.

I don't think people appreciate the pace the game is played at. the bloke stood on sterling's foot as he was pushing off it. of course he's going to launch forward with both feet trailing. it would be pretty remarkable if he didn't.
Exactly. No blame on sterling there what so ever.

1) Play Aguero
2) Play a 4-1-4-1 no more False Nines and Three At The Backs etc
Hopefully Pep learns from his mistakes sometimes you can overthink it
Oh dear. Aguero has played as well in the last two games as I have ever seen him play. The two games immediately he was left out.
Does the phrase 'cause and effect' ring any bells?

I think Tuesday night showed how exciting this brand of football is likely to become. It's going to need a few people to change their mindset as this will be high risk-high reward football. On occasion it won't come off as the players have to be on it all the time. Passing sideways to players in space is not what we are going to be doing. Mistakes will be made as players will be put in uncomfortable positions but, if we are going to truly kick on, it is the only way forward. What a time to be a blue.

I think Tuesday night showed how exciting this brand of football is likely to become. It's going to need a few people to change their mindset as this will be high risk-high reward football.
One of the things that impressed me most was the fact we went longer and more direct especially second half, its good that we can change that way, as there will be games we will need it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.