City 3 - 1 Barcelona - Post match thread :-)

Think Barca without pique and iniesta have big holes in their defence and midfield without those. They are the glue that team needs. MSN are their best players but those two are huge to control the midfield
So we only won because they had players missing?

So we only won because they had players missing?
Did I say that? Talk about being defensive

Fact is they look very shakey without two of their most important clogs after MSN. Without iniesta they simply have no world class player in the midfield to control games. Which is clearly a huge part of winning games. That's one position they need to upgrade before iniesta retires.

Barca lost this game down to bad mistakes at the back pretty much and they certainly looked nervous with zero leadership

Fact is they look very shakey without two of their most important clogs after MSN. Without iniesta they simply have no world class player in the midfield to control games. Which is clearly a huge part of winning games. That's one position they need to upgrade before iniesta retires.

Barca lost this game down to bad mistakes at the back pretty much and they certainly looked nervous with zero leadership

I watched Maradona win the world cup mainly on his own so Barcelona with One of the best player ever lived and with Neymar Suarez they should be beating us easily the fact is we as a team played outstanding football and beat them comfortably!

I watched Maradona win the world cup mainly on his own so Barcelona with One of the best player ever lived and with Neymar Suarez they should be beating us easily the fact is we as a team played outstanding football and beat them comfortably!
Beating us easily? Don't think anybody would beat us easily at home.

Football is more than just firepower upfront. If you make mistakes at the back you are in trouble no matter who you play.

Our shakey defending was fine against Barca and we didn't make any mistakes unlike at camp nou. You do that you have a chance against anybody.

We controlled the midfield brilliantly which was key.

Beating us easily? Don't think anybody would beat us easily at home.

Football is more than just firepower upfront. If you make mistakes at the back you are in trouble no matter who you play.

Our shakey defending was fine against Barca and we didn't make any mistakes unlike at camp nou. You do that you have a chance against anybody.

We controlled the midfield brilliantly which was key.

Well first 30 odd minutes in the first half they looked like they were on there way to a win and Luis Enrique said that was the best he had seen his team play. Bottom line if you have those 3 players Barcelona have you should be winning comfortably but as I said we played far outstanding football ended up beating them comfortably.

Pep realized that MSN were not going to help out the midfield much, so the long ball and winning the SECOND BALL IN MIDFIELD would help us keep the pressure off us in and around our own box, while helping us have a constructive starting position of 30-50 yds from their goal. There were times when we not only overloaded them in midfield, but we then surged forward with enough players to overload their defence, too.

I think it has been a VERY long time since anyone has had as many realistic goal scoring opportunities against Barca as City had in that second half.

Every time we broke, it looked like we could score in that second half.

It was fantastic, scintillating football.

I'm not sure why but you are rarely complimentary about Manchester City
They beat the best team in the world fair and square, quite easily as it happens, by putting them under so much pressure that they made mistakes.
But you crack on mate with the same sorry reasons icicle City could possibly beat the mighty Barca I've read in the red tops and the Caf!

I'm not sure why but you are rarely complimentary about Manchester City
They beat the best team in the world fair and square, quite easily as it happens, by putting them under so much pressure that they made mistakes.
But you crack on mate with the same sorry reasons icicle City could possibly beat the mighty Barca I've read in the red tops and the Caf!
Wtf are you on about? I always praise my team when it's deserved. When we play bad I will state it. That's what objective fans do

Where did I say we didn't beat them fair and square? We were clearly the better team and dominated in the 2nd half and could of got more than 3

Would you say the mistakes we have made at the back this season can be put down to just pressure then? Let's not act like mistakes at the back aren't unavoidable. Barca lacked leadership and experience at the back and we took advantage

Saying Barca are worse off without pique and iniesta isn't downplaying us winning. They look a different team without them.

I think we still win even if they were there as we played amazing football but dismissing their impact is foolish. And questioning my loyalties is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.