Greatest (or most memorable) game you ever saw?

QPR for me nothing will beat that feeling I was floating on it for months. I will though take you back to 24th March 1971. We had lost 2-0 to Gornik Zabrze away in the quarter final of the cup winners cup and had loads of first team players missing for the return game. Joe Mercer appealed to the fans to turn up and get behind the young lads and they would do us proud. The Gornik team said the one thing they feared was the Manchester rain and that night it didn't let us down! It had been raining solidly all day and I was outside the players entrance as the Gornik players got off the coach. It was bucketing it down and they didn't look too happy as they stepped off into it. I said with a big grin, ''Manchester rain, good eh??'' They gave a rueful smile but you could tell they hated it.

The kids played out of their skin in an electric atmosphere played on a mudbath of a pitch and won 2-0 after extra time to take the game to a replay which we won 3-1. One moment I remember in the dying second their star striker Lubanski went around Healey and the crowd held it's breath as he slotted it towards the goal......but it got stuck in the mud and Healey pounced on it to save the day. A great night.

Many memorable moments in my 40 odd years of going to see gods own team but the greatest moment was on a sunny afternoon in May 2012, clear blue skies above me a green blaze in front adorned with light blue shirted heros and surrounded by almost 50000 fanatical brothers and sisters, as the clock ticked on 'typical City' raised its ugly head yet again and all my hopes and dreams were slipping into oblivion...........
On 93.20 it was as if the god Hermes himself was sent from the heavens to bestow his grace onto his flock, quick and cunning he moved freely between the worlds of the mortal and divine to deliver his message and seismic shift happened that day which resonated throughout the world, our time had come.
The absolute reason it was the greatest moment for me tho was that I shared it with my best friend my son, it will be something we will both remember for the rest of our days.
I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear that day, it was emotional(tho I'm putting that down to the several pints and hip flask of jd)

the 10.1 vs Huddersfield Town its was just a never to be seen again and the 3 hat tricks and that huddersfield away shirt

the 10.1 vs Huddersfield Town its was just a never to be seen again and the 3 hat tricks and that huddersfield away shirt

Me son used to swear blind he was at that game even tho it was 10 years before he was born, obviously blue in a previous life

Me son used to swear blind he was at that game even tho it was 10 years before he was born, obviously blue in a previous life

i was there and got in about 5 min before kick off was freezing cold and the start of the game was crap and never looked like a 10.1 even after Neil McNab opening goal you never would think it was going to end up like it did paul simpson had a great game and so great passing

For me it would have to be Newcastle in 1968, when we clinched the title in swashbuckling style. Our first serious trophy for some time, unless you include the second division championship. Hmm.

The Gillingham game ran it close for different reasons. It heralded our turn-round from the abyss, as well as overshadowing the rags' puny achievements of that same season ;) Fookin treble? Pfft.

Unfortunately I wasn't at the Aguer000000 game so I can't put that one top. Not the greatest quality but the drama would take some beating.

i was there and got in about 5 min before kick off was freezing cold and the start of the game was crap and never looked like a 10.1 even after Neil McNab opening goal you never would think it was going to end up like it did paul simpson had a great game and so great passing

Was there too mate as a fresh faced 17yo in the platt lane end, then had a little run around the pitch at full time with all the other loons

2 totally memorable games for me, the title clincher at Newcastle, the performance was immense but the pitch invasion at the end was incredible! The ballet on ice still brings shivers to my spine, a performance of artistry, industry & sheer brilliance. Lots of games from the present era have been totally amazing but none have the same nostalgic value as those games from the past.

The Gornik team said the one thing they feared was the Manchester rain and that night it didn't let us down! It had been raining solidly all day and I was outside the players entrance as the Gornik players got off the coach. It was bucketing it down and they didn't look too happy as they stepped off into it. I said with a big grin, ''Manchester rain, good eh??'' They gave a rueful smile but you could tell they hated it.

Did you say it in a Polish accent so they could understand?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.