laptop not connecting to new superhub....others do !

tony coleman

Just changed to a virgin superhub router. Used to use a netgear one.

All our phones connect ok . Two other laptops and a chromebook connect with no problem.

Did not have to change any settings on any of them. They found the new router straight away.

My laptop, an asus one using windows 8.1 says it cannot connect to internet even though the signal

strength on it is showing very strong. Im not computer savvy and dont know any of the jargon.

Has anyone got a remedy to this using plain simple jargon that a 56 year old thicko can understand.

Cheers. Tony.

Can you see the router in your laptops connections panel?

I have come across problems in the past that can be solved by switching off UPnP in the router settings page.

Can you see the router in your laptops connections panel?

I have come across problems in the past that can be solved by switching off UPnP in the router settings page.

I can see the router plus all the neighbours. I click on mine and insert the password to connect. After a short while searching it tells me to f..k off as it cannot connect.

I am using the correct password and signal strength is good. Im getting to the point of introducing my circular saw to the laptop and buying a new one.

I can see the router plus all the neighbours. I click on mine and insert the password to connect. After a short while searching it tells me to f..k off as it cannot connect.

I am using the correct password and signal strength is good. Im getting to the point of introducing my circular saw to the laptop and buying a new one.
Have you tried switching off UPnP in the router settings?

I had similar the other week with my android phone with my BT hub. Its been connected for over 18 months yet all of a sudden, nope, wouldn't connect and despite hard resets on both the router and the phone, i had no luck. Every other device in the house no issues whatsoever and i was about to give up and finally turned off security and it connected straight away!? I have everything going through the 2.4ghz now which has security enabled and just my phone on the 5ghz channel without the security which isnt ideal but it was the only way to get the thing to connect.

Weird issue to get all of a sudden!

Just changed to a virgin superhub router. Used to use a netgear one.

All our phones connect ok . Two other laptops and a chromebook connect with no problem.

Did not have to change any settings on any of them. They found the new router straight away.

My laptop, an asus one using windows 8.1 says it cannot connect to internet even though the signal

strength on it is showing very strong. Im not computer savvy and dont know any of the jargon.

Has anyone got a remedy to this using plain simple jargon that a 56 year old thicko can understand.

Cheers. Tony.

Hi Tony,

I have an Asus laptop as well but found a similar problem when online baking yesterday.
My mistake was having capitol locks on and the Asus simply does not have a light to warn me so I finished up using all my lives theñ ringing my bank to get myself into online banking again.

Not suggesting you are as silly as me but just check your inputs from keyboard..

Hi Tony,

I have an Asus laptop as well but found a similar problem when online baking yesterday.
My mistake was having capitol locks on and the Asus simply does not have a light to warn me so I finished up using all my lives theñ ringing my bank to get myself into online banking again.

Not suggesting you are as silly as me but just check your inputs from keyboard..
what did you make ?home made barmcakes ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.