Fernando - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
good to hear he played well overall,but he did fail to make any good defensive contribution on Arsenals goal ,firstly he could of picked up Walcott or he could of got between Walcott and Sanchez but he remained in no mans land for the entire move

I think this is his biggest weakness and its unlikely to get any better. He is ok when the ball is there to be won but his awareness of what is going on around him is poor. Players run off the back of him all the time which is a major problem for a defensive midfielder.

Delivers in the big games. Even PSG away when he was largely to blame for their equaliser he stepped up and played well.

Last night, though, he was just another level. It's easy to ignore the defensive players but Fernando was an absolute beast. Seemed Pep had instructed him to go forward on occasion to, which he did well despite it not really being his area of expertise. Very little got past him all night and, now I've rewatched the game, I feel like he was mainly responsible for Ozil's complete lack of influence on the game. It's easy now to see why Juventus supposedly wanted him in the summer.

Despite the mixed opinions of him on here I'm a huge Fernando fan. He's one of my favourite current City players, and I will be very sorry to see him go when he leaves.

Good post mate. One of our most underrated players who often (and wrongly IMO), gets a lot of shit on here.

C0Njw4UXgAAKRcv.jpg

Anyone else think just dumping him as soon as Fernandinho got back was a poor decision?

No as dinho is better than him,he will get a 4 game run now

Hindsight is a great thing though for sure, Fernandinho was shit v Liverpool and let us down again today, Fernando was just coming off a great game v Arsenal n all leading up to the Dippers match.

Hindsight is a great thing though for sure, Fernandinho was shit v Liverpool and let us down again today, Fernando was just coming off a great game v Arsenal n all leading up to the Dippers match.
If he plays well in the next 4 and pep is pissed off with dinho he'lll hopefully get more games,i like him myself,not the most talented but gives his all and is no trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.