Ticket Collection at Premier League away games

GortonBlue62

United fan at work tells me that for Leicester away, for which they are getting 3200 tickets, all ticket holders will have to collect their ticket at the match (and ID themselves obviously).

Up to this point United have selected a small number, say 100, who need to collect at the away ground on the day of the match.

I'll be interested to see how this pans out - seems like a logistical nightmare to me (us at Celtic for example).

I wonder if City will go down this route one day?

I'll keep an eye on this and report back when I know more.

United fan at work tells me that for Leicester away, for which they are getting 3200 tickets, all ticket holders will have to collect their ticket at the match (and ID themselves obviously).

Up to this point United have selected a small number, say 100, who need to collect at the away ground on the day of the match.

I'll be interested to see how this pans out - seems like a logistical nightmare to me (us at Celtic for example).

I wonder if City will go down this route one day?

I'll keep an eye on this and report back when I know more.

Did they say if United have explained why they have made this change?

They have been doing it for away games all season but only to a small percentage, they have a slightly different system to us but have the nightmare that every match is three times oversubscribed.
Hopefully it's not a route we go down, my mate was telling me 6 of them went to Hull and three of them had to collect whilst there.

Did they say if United have explained why they have made this change?

From United's website - agree with others that this could be a logistical nightmare for them. Asking 5% or 10% of fans to collect is one thing but asking everyone to do it for a domestic away could cause all kinds of problems. It seems that the reasons for employing these stricter measures are to try and get their allocations back up, plus they've identified a suitable location this time to implement a 100% collection but I think it's also to stop anyone blagging it and trying to pass their tickets on - note the 2nd last paragraph that states 30% of those who have been asked to collect so far this season didn't turn up:

Leicester City Ticket Collection Information

As you may be aware, we are undertaking domestic away game validations with the primary objective of getting back to receiving full ticket allocations at as many away games as possible.

To help achieve that, we need to demonstrate to clubs that we have stopped the very small minority of fans that have previously caused trouble at away grounds from receiving tickets, and ensure that the people allocated tickets are actually the supporters using them (it is our understanding that this minority did not obtain tickets directly through the Club).

With this in mind, and as agreed in the Fans' Forum, we have implemented a number of ticket checks / validations over the past few seasons for away games. Despite having validated just c3k Season Tickets since we began the process in 2013/14 (mainly due to the lack of suitable locations for collections at / near away grounds), these validation exercises are showing positive signs of working. Post-match observations from the Police and stewards have pointed to improved fan behaviour at away matches, we negotiated the full allocation for West Ham (for the first time since 2009) and additionally, Hull City have allocated more tickets to us for the EFL Cup semi-final than we are entitled to (historically they have reduced our allocation).

Therefore we will now start to apply pressure on other clubs to increase our allocation, as well as making representations to the Premier League to contest any ongoing / further reductions. However, we kindly request that fans help self-police at away games, to ensure that gangways are kept clear which will undoubtedly help our cause.

To facilitate the validation process, after a lot of planning we have managed to secure a suitable location for the Leicester City game, and will be inviting all successful applicants to collect their ticket in Leicester on the day of the game.

Supporters will only be able to collect their own ticket in Leicester, with a passport or driving license as proof of identification. Additional details of the specific collection point location, and opening times, will be posted to each registered ticket holder, along with a ticket exchange voucher in the next couple of weeks.

If supporters are unable to collect their match ticket as requested, they will need to contact us on 0161 868 8000 to cancel the ticket before 5pm on Sunday 8th January. Please note, around 30% of people who have been asked to collect their ticket this season haven't done so.

Please click here to view our ticket allocation information for all domestic away matches played throughout the 2016/17 season.

Lol and we knock the rags as a club yet they actually directly engage with their fans... Something we don't do.

Respect to United (and the other big clubs) for this.

On a side note, didn't city employ a former united ticket officer or something?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.