Student AccommodationManchester

Cityfan

My Daughter is off down to Manchester to look for accommodation for next year when she will be studying based at Wythenshaw hospital.
Any areas to look for or to avoid , if possible she would like to be close to a park that is safe to walk run/walk in of an evening.
Cheers for any advice.

Halls round withington, fallowfield, didsbury probably your best bet although there have been a lot more built since my days as a scrounger. Biggest worry safetywise is probably around wythenshaw at night.

Google Owens Park, mate. That's where i would feel ok if my daughter was going to uni in Mcr.
You have the main Rd (Wilmslow Rd) with a bus literally every minute into the centre of Manchester passing the Uni. A Bus in the other direction will take her right to wythenshawe hospital. A busy night life around Fallowfield if that's her thing and a huge park (Platt Fields) although i don't think any park is a safe place for a lone woman these days unfortunately . Your daughter may be better joining the Aquatics centre near the uni initially until she meets some jogging partners. Fallowfield, Ladybarn, Withington and Didsbury (depends on budget) are the best and busiest student areas, best wishes.

So her lectures and practical are at the hospital but will she make her own way to the hospital or will the Uni lay on transport?
Think she may have lectures at the Uni but will be at the hospital for clinical work and probably out to other hospitals. Dont think the Uni lays on transport.

You could look around barrlow moor road area, from didsbury up to near the tram stop to the hospital, She would be near chorlton, didsbury etc and you have chorlton park and the mersey river tow path for runnig, cycling etc. Also sothern cementry bus terminus for wythenshawe, didsbury and town.
Saying that not sure what student accomodation is like nowadays around there.

Think she may have lectures at the Uni but will be at the hospital for clinical work and probably out to other hospitals. Dont think the Uni lays on transport.

I asked because my daughter was thinking about Nottingham uni and her lectures and practical were at the hospital with transport too and from laid on by the Uni

If it's her first year she will be encouraged to live in halls, so what areas has the Uni suggested?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.