Leeds United 2016/17 thread

Although Elland Road is the most hostile stadium I've ever been to - primarily in the 70s - they had a bloody awesome squad/team - Bremner, Giles, Clarke, the Gray brothers, Hunter, Charlton, Reaney, Lorimer, Jones, Cooper, Madeley and Harvey. All hard bastards.
Always remember Norman (hardest player in the league) Hunter punching Franny Lee in the mouth. Our Franny, all 5 foot 7 of him came back at the 6 foot something Hunter throwing left and right hooks. Watch Hunter going backwards and down in the face of Franny's superb boxing technique.

Last edited:
I get that, in fact quite a lot of posters on here say the same. However, I've never had a bad experience with them, and the Leeds fans I've met have been good lads.
Personally, on a one-to-one basis I've never had a bad experience with any Leeds fans. Some of my mates are Leeds fans.

Although Elland Road is the most hostile stadium I've ever been to - primarily in the 70s - they had a bloody awesome squad/team - Bremner, Giles, Clarke, the Gray brothers, Hunter, Charlton, Reaney, Lorimer, Jones, Cooper, Madeley and Harvey. All hard bastards.

Ask Francis Lee if he thought Hunter was hard:

And every one of them, from number 1 to number 11, were a bunch of cloggers, the worst being Giles. Clarke was the best ankle tapper I've ever seen - the number of defenders who mysteriously "tripped" on a one to one chase for the ball with him, leaving him clean through on goal. It wasn't until slow motion replays came in that you saw what he was doing. And don't get me started on Bremner, Hunter et al.

Hated the team, the ground, the supporters, the tactics, the "gamesmanship" (AKA cheating). What was there to like?

....Hated the team, the ground, the supporters, the tactics, the "gamesmanship" (AKA cheating). What was there to like?
facebook_like_button_big.jpeg

And every one of them, from number 1 to number 11, were a bunch of cloggers, the worst being Giles. Clarke was the best ankle tapper I've ever seen - the number of defenders who mysteriously "tripped" on a one to one chase for the ball with him, leaving him clean through on goal. It wasn't until slow motion replays came in that you saw what he was doing. And don't get me started on Bremner, Hunter et al.

Hated the team, the ground, the supporters, the tactics, the "gamesmanship" (AKA cheating). What was there to like?

M62 back to Manchester that's all.

Horrible place, horrible fans with a team set up to cheat their way to success.

Not a massive fan of Dirty Leeds. I was there when they smashed up the Platt Lane end, and just managed to escape a kicking on the way out of the ground when a copper on a horse got between us and a mob of marauding Leeds fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.