Everton (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the Kolarov and Otamendi combination. Otamendi continually makes huge lapses in judgement trying to win the ball and failing to do so and being left out of position. Kolarov equally tries to play the whole world on side at times by switching off and failing to pick up runners. The two of them never inspire confidence.

Stones still has work to do but at his age you'd expect that and I think we're seeing an improvement and Pep is helping him learn from his mistakes. His main issue is being a bit too soft when up against players like Costa, and Lukaku. I'd rather he kept playing though so he can show how he's improved on that front. He's composed on the ball and isn't rash, he doesn't dive in recklessly and he just needs to make sure he clears the ball and doesn't dwell on it too heavily.

He'll be relishing the chance to go back to Goodison and prove himself to their fans and I think it would be harsh to change anyone in the side following that performance on Friday. Same team other than the goalkeeper (and I'd be reluctant to make that change myself).

Looking forward, I think Garcia should be in that 11 ahead of Zabba because he can cover the ground more quickly and is a lot more effective with the ball. I'm intrigued to see whether the formation will get the best out of De Bruyne as well. He was very deep and in the periphery for much of the game against West Ham. Though credit too him for being so disciplined defensively.

I just simply disagree. Stones has still too many errors in his game which for me puts him behind Ota & Kola. He's soft against the likes of Lukaku but you would play him still.

Not sure where you have been watching, but the Ota/Kolarov pairing is starting to look pretty decent.

As for not changing the team that beat WH? Do you think they are identical in approach and tactics etc? if so, then you may be right, but I suspect not and Pep will put the team and tactics out that will give us the best opportunity for success.

You know you asked for the same team and then proceeded to make changes

King Ota is grossly underrated in these parts. Grossly underrated :( He gets no real love. Every other game someone claims "he was Impressive today." I always laugh when I see that line. Coz it's meant to be limiting. Then the next week, the same line is repeated. Until a week where he does something bad and the comments then revert back to "Ota is so error prone, or too rash."

Notice how the first comments are limited to the game while the latter one is generalized. An easy test for bias. You limit what doesn't agree with your opinion and generalize what does.

I laugh every week it's like rinse and repeat on the Ota thread.

City's best defender since he arrived, Nicolas Otamendi. And no one is close. Sagna 2nd because of his consistency. But Ota is everything. Decisive, hardworking, tackles, fights, cheats ( or tries to), takes charge of the ball, never shirks duties, almost never injured, always present. And stops on average 3 goal bound opportunities a game. And yes he makes some bone headedplays every now and then.

But for fuck sake, for all the positives he brings, I'll have him on my team any day of the week, and twice on Saturday.

Totally agree

Bravo
Sagna Stones Otamendi Clichy
Toure
Zabaleta Silva
DeBruyne
Sterling Aguero​
This tactical change was brilliant to watch after the last few months,makes us solid at the back and freedom for the midfield to break away.pushing cliche/sagna right up on the wings instead of moving inside and silva/kdb allowed to come deep for the ball where they would normally be. Lots of options and different formations now. Well played Pep, Just need the players on his wave lengh to change formations when needed and not let these bus parking teams get away with mugging us off.

Thats pretty much what i was getting at.

Also,i cant get the sight of him doing the mannequin challenge while the Liverpool lad powered that header home.

He's strangely subdued for such a 'hard man'.

As i've said previously,we need to stick with a back four (the one at West Ham IMO) otherwise consistency and form will
never be gained - this,
unnecesary,rotation bollocks is also doing the individual no favours.
I agree that as much as possible we need to play the same set of four but I wouldn't pick anyone based on age or the promise that they'd improve. For me, it would be strictly based on merit. I wouldn't make a choice based on sentiments, no not at this point in the season when we have a lot of catching up to do. I know we are all desperate to see John succeed but let's get our priorities right. If John earns a spot in place of Kolarov, let it be because he earned that spot

Watched these recently they really are dog shit can't see a problem if we play like we can 3-1 city and that's not being disrespectful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.