Well done Claudio R. FIFA Manager of the Year

Well done Claudio. Following in the footsteps of Bobby Manc and Manuel P. What's that you say they won nowt except a couple of PL's, an FA cup, League Cup and reached a Champions League semi.

Last edited:
Hard to take these things seriously really when you see the list of people who vote and who they voted for. So much vote buying and the like, but for once in Ranieri there is a worthy winner (although Fernando Santos would have to be a close second)

I'm not too sold on this one. Obviously he deserves huge credit for his achievements last season but for the year as a whole?
To be fair, who else was there? Eddie Howe and maybe Pochettino are the only ones that consistently overachieved throughout the whole 12 months.

I'm not too sold on this one. Obviously he deserves huge credit for his achievements last season but for the year as a whole?
Although announced at the end of the calendar year, I've always been under the impression that the vote is for last season, not the literal previous year (as that would make little sense in football).

Well deserved award for Ranieri , a humble man who let his team do the talking he developed a bunch of workmanlike players with a smattering of talent into a title winning side , the last unfashionable side to win was Blackburn but Dalglish did have a little help with Uncle Jack's millions , actually think Claudio would have been perfect for the England job. .

Although announced at the end of the calendar year, I've always been under the impression that the vote is for last season, not the literal previous year (as that would make little sense in football).
But there's also a manager of the season in most countries, so why have both? It's the same as team of the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.