Etihad atmosphere

I honestly believe the days of great atmospheres at matches have gone for us except for the odd game here and there for many reasons, most already mentioned.

To ever improve it we need one end behind the goals, one large end not segmented into sections and tiers but just rising up, one section. It needs to be safe standing and be all pay on the day, just turn up, pay in, end off. We are losing a lot of casual fans due to all the rigmarole you have to go through to get in nowadays. The end needs to be just lads, no kids under 16 running about, no women and miserable sods who show zero emotion. Just people who like a crack, to sing and don't mind some jumping about etcetera. Very limited stewarding and they need to keep the fuck out of things. Do this and we have half a chance to get it going again.

@gxblue is either on the windup about Hamburg or they simply weren't there. People wouldn't remember it if it were akin to a home match against Charlton or Norwich. Hamburg was so special for all the reasons given so far.

I've probably missed less than a dozen home games over the past 20-odd years and somewhat quirkily Hamburg was one of them. Moreso because I went to the away leg a week earlier. I couldn't do the home leg as me and the other half had booked us a few days in Amsterdam a couple of months earlier for my birthday leaving on the day of the game. Everything I've heard since points to what was an incredible atmosphere. I remember arriving at our hotel in the early minutes of the game when my mobile rang. It was a workmate who was at the match: "Please tell me we've scored" I said. "No - I'm just phoning you to tell you how great the atmosphere is! Oh fuck, they've just scored!"

I made a beeline for the hotel bar and luckily they had the game on one of the TVs in there - although the sound was low you could sense how electric it was throughout.

I've probably missed less than a dozen home games over the past 20-odd years and somewhat quirkily Hamburg was one of them. Moreso because I went to the away leg a week earlier. I couldn't do the home leg as me and the other half had booked us a few days in Amsterdam a couple of months earlier for my birthday leaving on the day of the game. Everything I've heard since points to what was an incredible atmosphere. I remember arriving at our hotel in the early minutes of the game when my mobile rang. It was a workmate who was at the match: "Please tell me we've scored" I said. "No - I'm just phoning you to tell you how great the atmosphere is! Oh fuck, they've just scored!"

I made a beeline for the hotel bar and luckily they had the game on one of the TVs in there - although the sound was low you could sense how electric it was throughout.

its honestly up there as one of the best for me. id say the only games that come near it, are the united semi final at wembley and the qpr game. i was 14 at the time, and ill always remember it. everyone has a game that got them hooked, for me that was the one that made me want the atmosphere like that every week. it was the cheap tickets that helped massively imo, a proper city crowd, full of locals, large groups of lads and maine road blues. its what we need in an expanded north stand.

ill always remember walking to the etihad with my dad and older brother and seeing a huge group of lads all singing hey jude walking down the road. you could feel the atmosphere in manchester and walking up.

I honestly believe the days of great atmospheres at matches have gone for us except for the odd game here and there for many reasons, most already mentioned.

To ever improve it we need one end behind the goals, one large end not segmented into sections and tiers but just rising up, one section. It needs to be safe standing and be all pay on the day, just turn up, pay in, end off. We are losing a lot of casual fans due to all the rigmarole you have to go through to get in nowadays. The end needs to be just lads, no kids under 16 running about, no women and miserable sods who show zero emotion. Just people who like a crack, to sing and don't mind some jumping about etcetera. Very limited stewarding and they need to keep the fuck out of things. Do this and we have half a chance to get it going again.

No women. What the fuck. Agree with a lot of your other suggestions mind.

Hamburg was a great atmosphere, everyone in their seats early and the new the atmosphere was Electric from the word go. I'm still struggling to understand what drove the atmosphere that night and why we struggle to replicate it.

Hamburg was a great atmosphere, everyone in their seats early and the new the atmosphere was Electric from the word go. I'm still struggling to understand what drove the atmosphere that night and why we struggle to replicate it.
Hope rather than expectation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.