Etihad atmosphere

Hamburg was a great atmosphere, everyone in their seats early and the new the atmosphere was Electric from the word go. I'm still struggling to understand what drove the atmosphere that night and why we struggle to replicate it.

It's certainly true the atmosphere was something special at that match. I was invited on a corporate do in the Colin Bell stand and even in the posh seats everyone (well almost everyone) was singing and chanting for the full game even after going a goal down and I think having a man sent off.
We had been starved of success for so long at that time I think the fans just craved a bit of glory. There were loads of flags and bananas, can not remember whether they were freebies from the club or sold at very little cost. Great game as well, which I think the atmosphere helped create.
Winning 2 Premier Leagues and 3 cups could possibly have dampened our enthusiasm.
To paraphrase Eric Wirral, when you have experienced something as good as that i.e. Sergio's goal, it takes the sunshine off everything.

It's certainly true the atmosphere was something special at that match. I was invited on a corporate do in the Colin Bell stand and even in the posh seats everyone (well almost everyone) was singing and chanting for the full game even after going a goal down and I think having a man sent off.
We had been starved of success for so long at that time I think the fans just craved a bit of glory. There were loads of flags and bananas, can not remember whether they were freebies from the club or sold at very little cost. Great game as well, which I think the atmosphere helped create.
Winning 2 Premier Leagues and 3 cups could possibly have dampened our enthusiasm.
To paraphrase Eric Wirral, when you have experienced something as good as that i.e. Sergio's goal, it takes the sunshine off everything.
Good post

No women. What the fuck. Agree with a lot of your other suggestions mind.

I know I did think that may be a step too far, especially in this PC time and it wouldn't be legal, but I just think it needs to be a bit of a rough and ready place to generate the atmosphere and I wouldn't want people having to worry about swearing, jumping about, shoving etcetera.

Would love to watch the whole Hamburg game once again. Really hard to find online though.

City must have it archived somewhere, could email them and ask if they can put it on the website. They probably won't respond though, doubt they're interested in what I have to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.