Wilfried Bony - Loan to Stoke

I don't understand. If we don't want him and a Chinese club does, why would that not be good for us?

These guys aren't daft though. They won't be paying silly money for shop-soiled goods that even Stoke have spurned. We will take a huge hit on him wherever he goes but might as well get him off the payroll asap as there's fcuk all chance of him establishing himself at the Etihad.
Yep, I agree with this. I'm still a bit surprised at the alleged fee offered by China though. I wouldn't rate him as a real marquee signing, or the type of player who's had a prolific PL career and is now ready for one or two final years payoff before retirement from the game.

A bit like City in 2008 no?
Not really, because City in 2008 bought players for the same amount that any other team would pay. No other team in the world would pay £60m for Oscar and £60m for Hulk, the Chinese club just went that high because they could afford it. And the wages? Money is the only real motivation for young, talented, famous players like Oscar to go to China.
Here in England we often say that our football is corrupt. In China it's different- they know it's corrupt, and it's very badly hidden, in fact the Chinese government openly acknowledge it. Football is still a growing sport there, and as most of the clubs are very new it's not widely followed yet. The league is not competitive and most of the foreign players are way above the level of the national team. I just don't feel that China really 'gets' football yet and right now having eight or nine ex-champions league players mixed into a league of a standard similar to the French second division is anything like balanced.

Yep, I agree with this. I'm still a bit surprised at the alleged fee offered by China though. I wouldn't rate him as a real marquee signing, or the type of player who's had a prolific PL career and is now ready for one or two final years payoff before retirement from the game.
A Chinese club is paying a €45m (£39.1m) transfer fee for 29-year old Nikola Kalinic. It's the absolute wild west there -- City could sure get £25-30m for Bony and he'd make double or triple what he makes in England.. I hope we can shift him. The Besiktas thing makes zero sense. It's not as if they can offer Champions League football or anything.

Not really, because City in 2008 bought players for the same amount that any other team would pay. No other team in the world would pay £60m for Oscar and £60m for Hulk, the Chinese club just went that high because they could afford it. And the wages? Money is the only real motivation for young, talented, famous players like Oscar to go to China.
Here in England we often say that our football is corrupt. In China it's different- they know it's corrupt, and it's very badly hidden, in fact the Chinese government openly acknowledge it. Football is still a growing sport there, and as most of the clubs are very new it's not widely followed yet. The league is not competitive and most of the foreign players are way above the level of the national team. I just don't feel that China really 'gets' football yet and right now having eight or nine ex-champions league players mixed into a league of a standard similar to the French second division is anything like balanced.

Fair point. Looking forward to seeing how things pan out in China over the next few years. Heard they have crap employment laws so there is a fear they could just stop paying wages regardless of the contract and players wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

I dont think any would have paid £16m for De Jong in his last 6 months of his contract, £20m for Santa Cruz, £14m for Kolo, £25m for Adebayor, £32.5m for Robinho etc. Even Shay Given was overpriced. We paid over the odds because we had the money and didn't have the pull other clubs did, hence them signing for us as the highest bidder.

We can't complain at what Chinese football is trying to do, as it's how the Premier League came to be and continues to be.

Change City for China and you summ up what we have been hearing since the sheik took over ...

I dont think any would have paid £16m for De Jong in his last 6 months of his contract, £20m for Santa Cruz, £14m for Kolo, £25m for Adebayor, £32.5m for Robinho etc. Even Shay Given was overpriced. We paid over the odds because we had the money and didn't have the pull other clubs did, hence them signing for us as the highest bidder.

We can't complain at what Chinese football is trying to do, as it's how the Premier League came to be and continues to be.
This!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.