Maximum Wage Law - Corbyn

Presumably, if the wages of PL footballers are to be capped, in the interests of fairness JC would also put a cap on JK Rowling's book royalties, Adele's tour income, Daniel Craig's film earnings, etc, etc. I would like to see how that worked.

Bit of a misrepresentation there - JK Rowling is a freelance author not an employee of her publisher and on their payroll so it wouldn't apply. Is Adele an employee of her record label or an independent artist signed to them for production and distribution purposes? Daniel Craig - free lance actor contracted to do each production for different production companies - not an employee. Corbyn was talking about corporate wages where a CEO employed by a company is compared with all other employee's of that company.

Bit of a misrepresentation there - JK Rowling is a freelance author not an employee of her publisher and on their payroll so it wouldn't apply. Is Adele an employee of her record label or an independent artist signed to them for production and distribution purposes? Daniel Craig - free lance actor contracted to do each production for different production companies - not an employee. Corbyn was talking about corporate wages where a CEO employed by a company is compared with all other employee's of that company.

But why should there be a difference? JK Rowling, Adele, Daniel Craig & Sergio Aguero are all staggeringly rich as a result of their talent (allegedly) and hard work. They may receive their financial rewards in different ways, but there doesn't seem to me be any moral justification as to why one should have his income capped but not the other three.

Or do you feel like that is because ceos tend to vote tory, whereas it's alright for these labour luvvies to earn as much as they like.

The issue is the disparity between the exceptionally rich and the poor/ jams.

I have no idea why you think it's ok to disincentivise the custodians of the working people's pension pots (which ceos are) by capping them but anyone not working for a company can earn as much money as they like?!

If Jeremy and his cronies feel so strongly about it perhaps they could forgoe their salary to the average uk salary and set an example to us all. Oh wait no they can't dianne abbot won't be able to afford her children's private school fees then, will she.

From the bottom up;
Football at any level is still football. The over-hyped PL has no guarantee of producing stunning games no matter how much the players are paid..
As someone who has watched lower league football a handful of times a season for many years, I find it increasingly hard to enjoy that spectacle, having been spoilt on a diet of world class footballers for a few seasons now. Even when I go an watch Forest, which is a relatively high standard, I often find myself at the bar for the second half (I hardly miss a kick when watching City) as its often hard for me to enjoy what I'm watching as much as I used to.

It truly is the politics and economic strategy of the madhouse. It's such a pity that we now have such an ineffectual
and dotty lefty fruitcake as leader of her majesty's opposition, as a government that receives no worthwhile challenge to
it's policies can and does result in a worrying imbalance. The best thing for the country would be a snap General Election,
where Corbyn's malign grip on Labour would receive such a hammering, we'd see him on the back benches again the following
day.
Although if the boundaries are redrawn, and the MP numbers reduced to 600, I believe his seat would go anyway, and if there was such
a political meltdown we'd not see him again.

From the bottom up;
Football at any level is still football. The over-hyped PL has no guarantee of producing stunning games no matter how much the players are paid.
The Sheik has already shown he is more than happy to spend money. Not only could he drop prices, he could also raise wages of the other staff. Fifty grand a year for the tea lady, cleaners etc. Spread the saving across all employees and HMRC still gets its pound of flesh. Failing that just make sure the Sheikh pays his tax on the extra he has from a wage bill cut.
£50,000 for the tea lady would still mean only £1m per year for the best player. Or a month of Toure's current salary on the 20x mooted scale.

Would have been a lot easier to just agree it's a fucking cum stain of an idea that won't ever get anywhere near parliament.

Last edited:
Daniel Craig - free lance actor contracted to do each production for different production companies - not an employee. Corbyn was talking about corporate wages where a CEO employed by a company is compared with all other employee's of that company.
Why did he specially reference football then?

Tax revenue from footballers and CEO`s of major companies, dont make me laugh. we need to shut down the loop holes.

Despite what you read in Canary articles, high earners do actually pay tax. Yes, people avoid paying as much as they can, but so would anybody if they could. The fact is that 27% of our tax revenue comes from the top 1% of earners.

I fail to see the relevance anyway; how will a salary cap address this issue?

Oh if only. You have seen the news reports about tax "efficiency" amongst higher earners? Off shoring and inventive tax vehicles? I'd buy that idea if I thought that anybody earning say £250k pa and over actually paid tax on their income on the same basis as i do. Threaten them all with PAYE and watch the fuckers bleat.

"The fuckers???" Dear God.
You're living in a paranoid parallel universe. Salaried people on £250k pay PAYE. Get over it and stop being so bitter...

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.