Everton (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully stones gets a good reception better than lescott.

Having just seen on sky the Manchester v merseyside preview looks like they are bitter! Wheeled out Ratcliffe who was just critical of stones was the extent of the preview.

Need to be focused and we should get the 3pts.

Hopefully stones gets a good reception better than lescott.

Having just seen on sky the Manchester v merseyside preview looks like they are bitter! Wheeled out Ratcliffe who was just critical of stones was the extent of the preview.

Need to be focused and we should get the 3pts.
Everton=the true bitters

Stones will get loads of abuse on Sunday without question. Just hope he has the mentality to handle it if selected ahead of Kompany and Kolarov.

Evertonians in work don't reckon Stones will get much stick. They're of the viewpoint that they got £50,000,000 for a player who hasn't advanced so far this season.

Me also - Otamendi is as good as any other defender in the league. Just needs a regular partner that isn't Kolarov (I like "the hammer" but not in central defence)
Ota looks a much better player with Vinnie next to him controlling things. If you look closely you'll see that Vinnie gets on his case if he starts to wander out of position. To be honest Vinnie makes the entire team play better. It's not just his leadership, it's the way he sees off the opposition's strikers that gives the rest of the team the confidence to to express themselves.

Not really.

Aguero is and has been our best attacking option for a number of seasons. There will come a point when either he wants to leave or he is long term injured and can't play. We can't continue to rely on him week in, week out to be our point man. I really hope this isn't any time soon, but if we don't start bringing other striking options up to speed, then it will come as a massive shock when Kun finally packs it in for us.
Replace the words 'our best attacking option for a number of seasons' with 'by some distance the Prem's best striker for the last five years'. He strikes the same fear into opponents that Henry in his prime used to. He's only 28. His long term plan is to return home at 31 - and no-one can begrudge him anything given that he's given all of us the greatest highs we've ever experienced as fans (especially his repeated destruction of Manure) - not forgetting some other names who need no introduction.

I thought we were poor against you in the first match, and was impressed by City up until the end product.

However, Everton have turned a bit of a corner, thanks largely to a difficult December offering top class competition, and our players seemed to jump into life, and found inspiration from it, before letting themselves down in the cup.

Our midfielder Gueye is away at AFCON which is a worry, but I think we'll be up for the game, and if we're quick, could have one or two extra players available.

My guess is a draw given that you've struggled in some big games this season since we met, and only Liverpool have taken the points at Goodison Park this season, with a late goal.

All the best for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.