Maximum Wage Law - Corbyn

Oh if only. You have seen the news reports about tax "efficiency" amongst higher earners? Off shoring and inventive tax vehicles? I'd buy that idea if I thought that anybody earning say £250k pa and over actually paid tax on their income on the same basis as i do. Threaten them all with PAYE and watch the fuckers bleat.
I can only say that I very much doubt have seen payslips of people earning more than £250k as well.

I can only say that I very much doubt have seen payslips of people earning more than £250k as well.

Absolutely. If you are salaried, there is nothing you can do to avoid paying your proper amounts of tax through PAYE. If you are senior enough to be able to fiddle it so as to earn big chunks via share dividends, you can reduce it down to 38% as opposed to 45%, but that's about it. If you try to hide things offshore, you risk a very hefty penalty, fine or prison.

The people more likely (and able) to fiddle (sorry "optimise") their taxes are actually the self-employed, not directors (or employees) of blue-chip companies.

Absolutely. If you are salaried, there is nothing you can do to avoid paying your proper amounts of tax through PAYE. If you are senior enough to be able to fiddle it so as to earn big chunks via share dividends, you can reduce it down to 38% as opposed to 45%, but that's about it. If you try to hide things offshore, you risk a very hefty penalty, fine or prison.

The people more likely (and able) to fiddle (sorry "optimise") their taxes are actually the self-employed, not directors (or employees) of blue-chip companies.
Exactly. It's the singers and actors being defended on here that will pay as little tax as their clever advisers can get away with.

The CEO's don't have a choice.

Not read the whole thread but it sounds like a shit idea.
I'm not getting out of bed for 20 x minimum wage ;-)

Corbyn's idea is to close the poverty gap by making the rich poorer. He needs to start concentrating on how to make the poor richer which I haven't heard him mention a single thing about beyond borrowing tons of money and handing it out.

The best way to get the poor out of poverty is always through jobs which means supporting businesses and the people who run them. Corbyn will slash at businesses by increasing minimum wages, taking top earner salaries away... He is anti-business and anti-jobs basically.

Restricting someone from £1M a year to £350,000 a year has zero benefit bar making certain people feel better in their spiteful, jealous heads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.