Jack Byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right about the Euros, but I'm not sure Denayer or Byrne would have benefitted, because both left for regular football, and I don't think either wanted a rotation/back up role this season, which is completely fair.

Denayer in particular, I just can't see how Pep would have not preferred to have a 4th centreback this season. At least Denayer's agent made it seem Pep was very involved in choosing where he went on loan, which makes me optimistic.

I just mean that, if Pep had more time when he arrived, he might have made a stronger case to those players, to stick around, rather than basically telling them, honestly, they are unlikely to get much of a chance. And there is no point in lying to them.

I suppose what I mean is that thier seniority is actually working against them compared to Garcia etc. he can afford to hang around, being coached by Pep, playing a few minutes here & there. They are past that stage.

If Pep had Denayer, Byrne,Barker, etc etc at 17-18, they would imo, all have played some kind of senior football for City by now & then, if necessary, gone on loan.

I just mean that, if Pep had more time when he arrived, he might have made a stronger case to those players, to stick around, rather than basically telling them, honestly, they are unlikely to get much of a chance. And there is no point in lying to them.

I suppose what I mean is that thier seniority is actually working against them compared to Garcia etc. he can afford to hang around, being coached by Pep, playing a few minutes here & there. They are past that stage.

If Pep had Denayer, Byrne,Barker, etc etc at 17-18, they would imo, all have played some kind of senior football for City by now & then, if necessary, gone on loan.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Rather than focusing on mistakes of the past though, lets all just be grateful that Pep is the guy overseeing this stage of the 1999 and 2000 age groups development.

I think with the Byrne situation he will learn a lot from that experience. Look at Harry Kane before he broke into the Spurs team he had 2 bad loan moves out 1 where he barely got a look in. He came back to Spurs and learned from that experience and once given the chance took it and now is a regular. I aint saying the same will happen for Byrne. But Jack must be buzzing to be out of Blackburn and back training with the club and being around Pep will help him even if it is for a few weeks and the club sort out a loan again for the remainer of the season. Or even if the worst happens and no deal is sorted and Jack stays around the club he will be training and Pep will make his mind up on him.
I was hopeful that Jack would of stayed out in the Dutch league or French league to continue his football career but this move was a bad 1. I think a more technical league would suit Jack more so than the championship. Now if the club can sort out that deal then it could get Jack back on track. I honestly feel he has the skills to be a part of the City squad and the desire to be the best he can do. With some of our midfield at the moment centrally there will be major changes in the next 2 to 4 years. The likes of Fernandhino , Silva and Yaya all have to be replaced some time soon. Could any of the kids come in to replace them long term i hope some do. But there is a chance there for any of those kids around the 19 to 21 year old to nail down a place in our squad in the next 2 years.

Looks like Dundee are interested in signing him on loan. I'm a Dundee fan and I think getting him in would be amazing for the club, he's exactly the type of player we need. However I don't think moving to us would be good in terms of his development. Dundee and the bottom half teams of the SPL are fighting to not be relegated. There are only 7 points between the bottom 6 teams, it's a total free for all and Dundee are currently 8th out of 12. I think Jack would be a big fish in a small pond if he moves to us and I'm struggling to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing after his time at Blackburn. It'd be similar to his loan at Cambuur, but I feel he could probably make his way into a stronger side in a better league. The Dee's don't exactly play the expansive style that City play, and the fans were calling for our manager (Paul Hartley) to resign because of our dip in form a few months ago so maybe it's not the stablest of environments for him. If he does move then best of luck to him and I hope he can help us avoid the relegation play offs.

The Spl if he was going to go there you would think it would be any of the top 3 teams not Dundee. I look at Celtic , Rangers and Aberdeen any of those maybe a slight chance. Just think a move out to a technical league would suit Byrne the best. I be interested to see what the club think about a move out and where they would like to see him playing.

The Spl if he was going to go there you would think it would be any of the top 3 teams not Dundee. I look at Celtic , Rangers and Aberdeen any of those maybe a slight chance. Just think a move out to a technical league would suit Byrne the best. I be interested to see what the club think about a move out and where they would like to see him playing.
rangers signed emerson hyndman on loan the other day, he's a midfielder

rangers signed emerson hyndman on loan the other day, he's a midfielder

I don't think Jack would be too enthusiastic about the prospect of going to Rangers anyway!!

It's unfortunate that the Blackburn move didn't work out for him and I think the club and he himself need to be very careful about next steps now - another bad loan could really set him back and I think he'd be better served by training with the first team here than that, and training with Pep for the next 6 months may actually be better than any loan if he managed to get even one or two appearances off the bench.

I don't think the club can be blamed here really though. All the reports during the summer were that it was Jack himself pushing for the loan and wanted to go early to get bedded down and secure a first team place there. With hindsight that was a big mistake and he should have spent pre-season with Pep before any decision was made on a loan. He's still a young lad though so hopefully is learning from all of this.

If he does go out on loan again it has to be to somewhere we are confident he will play. NYC wouldn't be a bad shout if that can be made to work within their squad rules. Girona or a return to the Netherlands (where he is highly regarded) would be the other options I would look at if I was him or the club.

I heard that loaning Byrne ti Dundee is Unlikely , he will be loaned to Holland Esp Heerenveen , also Dundalk made a Strong loan deal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.