James Horsfield

I think he could be a late bloomer.He's looked very composed ,takes up good position and uses the ball intelligently.

Being good enough for our first team is a big ask though.

Of the opinion that he's not good enough for our first team, but then again he is a nice little player. He doesn't make about two of my preferred academy XIs if I had to choose two teams to play in the EDS. Having said that i've never minded him, just thought he wasn't on the level of several other talented right backs we've got (Duhaney, Maffeo, Bullock) comparatively. He spent a bit of time in midfield too with the EDS and really didn't look comfortable there.

Having said that I've got no doubts that if he did come on for City he'd not let us down. Works hard, likeable and not bad on the ball, he defo wouldn't be a disaster, as none of our kids would. He may be a late bloomer but I do wonder why he didn't come on the other day though.

Was the one year extension offered in the hope he will impress on loan,and earn us a few quid?

Yeah I think it works out for everyone. Possibly he's a revelation there and we decide we want to keep him after all, but if not it's going to be easier finding him a new home in english football with proper experience than without. We get a few quid, and probably easier to get a loan-with-option to buy as a Man City player than for him to start life as a free agent.

I hope he does well, I really like Horsfield, useful without being spectacular. For a moment I thought he might actually be going somewhere with the first team when he appeared in so much of the pre-season tour promotion and kit posters.

Yeah I think it works out for everyone. Possibly he's a revelation there and we decide we want to keep him after all, but if not it's going to be easier finding him a new home in english football with proper experience than without. We get a few quid, and probably easier to get a loan-with-option to buy as a Man City player than for him to start life as a free agent.
I still think he can make a decent career for himself,like i said earlier,possibly a late bloomer.

Similar to our other youth defenders though,i dont see any getting game time here.

Unused sub again this weekend. What is the point in these players going out on loan just to sit on the bench? The same goes for Maffeo - an excellent prospect, but currently sitting on the bench and not getting a game for a Spanish 2nd division side.

Unused sub again this weekend. What is the point in these players going out on loan just to sit on the bench? The same goes for Maffeo - an excellent prospect, but currently sitting on the bench and not getting a game for a Spanish 2nd division side.

Maffeo has started 2/4 games at Girona and played a full 90.

Thanks for posting. For me this shows the success of the academy. Only a small percentage will go on to reach the first team. City have developed James since he was 7, and through that development he has the confidence to move abroad at a young age and make a real success at NEC. Good luck to him and them and I would put this down as fantastic justification of our investment in the academy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.