Scouser Nails Modern Football - & It's the Same with Us

In all seriousness, how many % are these 'tourists' in the attendance? 20-30% tops? Blaming the lack of atmosphere based on that amount is wrong imo.

City league games are 80% season ticket, and 10% away fans with 2% churn rate on seasoncards (that's a little out of date, but I doubt it has changed very much). But yet the claim is City's fan base is "upwardly mobile and being yuppified" That would make City's seasoncard base very unique. The probability of collective enrichment of a 50,000 population, in today's economy, is so remote that it is plainly wrong.

10% away fans? More like 5%.

As for all this tourists is why the atmosphere is shite, that's bollocks. The atmosphere has always been and always will be dependant on many things, size of game, opponent, kick off time etc..
The last one for me is the biggest factor, nothing worse than an early kick off against a shite supported side who ring 1500 or so.

Can anyone say the atmosphere is worse now than when Pearce was in charge!!

We have got a great chance to help with the atmosphere if when we developed the other end it is made with a large single tier safe standing section, haveing your own end is where most of the noise used to come from anyway even in the good bad old days.
The kippax made most of the noise not the main stand, same with the kop, shed end and all the others.
A proper end for the lads that want to stand and sing, plenty of areas near it to sit and sing if you want. The corporate will increase in all clubs especially sucesfull ones, but corporate like the old main stand don't make much noise

Agree again. Said this before about safe-standing. City fans have in practise been standing for many years in some sections and it makes no difference whatsoever. It's not standing per se, but the whole thing about being able to go with your mates and do what you want within reason.

yep we have a large singing section, a standing block, next to away fans yet the atmosphere is in the main shit. there are so many excuses swell. i.e. theres loads of tourists - no there isn't.
pre/ half time match entertainment - most fans aren't even in the ground when thats going on, thats another excuse. Another thing is when people say the crowd react to how the team play. when we were thrashing teams under pellegrini the crowd was still silent.

We have got a great chance to help with the atmosphere if when we developed the other end it is made with a large single tier safe standing section, haveing your own end is where most of the noise used to come from anyway even in the good bad old days.
The kippax made most of the noise not the main stand, same with the kop, shed end and all the others.
A proper end for the lads that want to stand and sing, plenty of areas near it to sit and sing if you want. The corporate will increase in all clubs especially sucesfull ones, but corporate like the old main stand don't make much noise

completely agree. get our own home end. make tickets cheap and all the singers, young people will move in. id even sacrifice the south stand if it meant a proper 18,000 standing home end.

I think the reason I still go is because I love City and not because I love football.

I struggle to watch a full MOTD these days, in fact, I just can't stand the media element in general. I never ever watch the before or after match analysis, even for our games.

I think there's an older generation who are 50+ who still go because it's all they've known and then another who are say 30+ who got taken to games in the 90's with their dad and just carried on going. I think when that 50+ generation is no longer with us then there may be a big gap that isn't filled.

100% agree you only have to look around at the people standing near you, more with grey hair than any other group.
images

\
completely agree. get our own home end. make tickets cheap and all the singers, young people will move in. id even sacrifice the south stand if it meant a proper 18,000 standing home end.
Isn't that what the South Stand is. I know we share it with the away fans but the first and third tier aren't the expensive seats and they tried to get all the singers to move there and it has led to some improvement. Not 18000 granted but are there 18000 fans that want to stand and sing ? Not sure there are.
Not sure if its my memory that's wrong or others. But I don't remember the Kippax being as great as some others remember it. There were quite a few moaners then as well. Especially where I started when I was 13 in the corner by the North stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.