Ditching Sky

Just changed over to BT from Sky, we dont have Virgin cable near here. The rep told me that Discovery wanted over £1 billion off Sky and Sky reckon that Discovery viewing figures are down 20% so they wont deal. Not sure exactly what I'll get re the Disco channels but will lose Quest altogether as that is a Freeview channel and we dont get a good enough signal................

Cancelled sky this morning, within 5 mins I logged onto Sky interactive and there was an offer for 60% off my sky bill for 12 months if I stay with them. That'll do.

Just read more into this, it seems legit they really are pulling their chans from Sky, neither side is budging at all. I also think they can't now as it would lose them face and show them the lesser of the two in many peoples eyes. I get the sense neither side is willing to risk that.

You can bet Virgin and BT are looking for ways to exploit this, i bet both offer a sweet deal heavily promoted soon.

Cancelled sky this morning, within 5 mins I logged onto Sky interactive and there was an offer for 60% off my sky bill for 12 months if I stay with them. That'll do.
They did that all the time mate, I cancelled in Nov after 3 years of 50%/60% off. The final straw came when they offered new customers sky Q with a 49 inch 4k TV for same price I was paying so I fucked them off and bought a Android box, best thing I did I'm now £70 a month better off :)

Last edited:
It's not just Discovery I have just learnt that Eurosport goes as well on 01/02/17 through a pop up on screen while watching the tennis final. I love the Grand tours this could be a goodbye Sky moment for me.
  • Discovery Channel
  • Eurosport 1
  • Eurosport 2
  • Animal Planet
  • TLC
  • Investigation Discovery
  • DMAX
  • Discovery Turbo
  • Discovery Shed
  • Discovery Science
  • Discovery History
  • Home & Health
  • Quest ???
There's a question mark about Quest but the rest are toast.

My offer runs out later this year - I currently get all the TV (sports movies, docs etc etc) plus multi-room (1 room) for £35 a month. I don't use their phone or broadband as it's crap compared to Virgin. This is the Sky Q 2TB option so i'm getting (some) shows in 4K. What do others pay for that, just so i know what I can expect to be shafted for and hopefully negotiate down from. I can get Virgin where I live, so hopefully I can play them a merry tune to give me a good discount.

My offer runs out later this year - I currently get all the TV (sports movies, docs etc etc) plus multi-room (1 room) for £35 a month. I don't use their phone or broadband as it's crap compared to Virgin. This is the Sky Q 2TB option so i'm getting (some) shows in 4K. What do others pay for that, just so i know what I can expect to be shafted for and hopefully negotiate down from. I can get Virgin where I live, so hopefully I can play them a merry tune to give me a good discount.
That's not a bad deal if you can con convince them into giving it again. I have Boxsets on an HD+ box with unlimited ADSL(18.5Mbps download so god enough for us) and phone line at £31.50 although I got a £50 credit so works out at around £30.50 a month. (could have sworn it works out at £27 odd for some reason, hmm)

If you've not accepted yet you should be able to get some credit added as well or maybe a rolling monthly contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.