What the Hull is going on there?

Eebo

The one thing I keep hearing about Hull is what a paper thin squad, and have just sold their 2 best players (Snodgrass & Livermore).

BBC have just announced that they have loaned Alex Bruce & James Weir to Wigan.

I haven't noticed them buying anyone, so what on earth is the plan?

I can only see that they want to sell all their players while they are Premier League players and get relegated with loads of money that the owner can take it out. If they were miles adrift at the bottom of the league then that might be logical, but they had a moderate chance of staying up which is worth many tens of £milllion which would be more than they would get for the whole team (and probably the stadium too!)

Just seems bizarre.

Seems like they're selling anyone who they can get good money for and asking the new manager to find dirt cheap replacements. If he keep them up it will be a heroic effort

Like you say getting money for their big players whilst they can,not a bad idea when it seems they are going to go down,they just don't have the quality to fight relegation

Hmmmm. Win a few home games (they beat Bournemouth and did alright against the rags) and you just never know. He's brought in a few loan players who he might know well. All they need is a couple of those to have an impact and they could pull it off. I hope so, most convenient away game of the season for me.

I like who they've brought in to be fair, but they are starting from such a weak position squad wise and they're getting rid of their better players, accepting a £10m bid for Robertson seemed a terrible idea but it sounds like he's staying.

By selling the good players who are on high wages/contracts they are getting ready for relegation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.