Ditching Sky

Bit of a dilemma. Cancelled sky about 3 - 4 months ago as the price was rocketing towards £100 a month. I've retained phone line and fibre internet with them at a reduced price of £10 each for 12 months.

Trying to get a stream for the game last night via Kodi was the straw that broke the camels back.

So - do I go back cap in hand? The package I want will be the standard plus HD, sky sports and possibly bt sport. What am I looking at, £50 - £60 a month? Or do I get a zGemma and have everything in SD for £120 upfront then £30 a year.

Decisions decisions.

Zgemma, and a good IPTV sub is your best bet I think.

IPTV for the HD sports and if it is a bit dodgy with speed issues you have a reliable SD alternative.

Bit of a dilemma. Cancelled sky about 3 - 4 months ago as the price was rocketing towards £100 a month. I've retained phone line and fibre internet with them at a reduced price of £10 each for 12 months.

Trying to get a stream for the game last night via Kodi was the straw that broke the camels back.

So - do I go back cap in hand? The package I want will be the standard plus HD, sky sports and possibly bt sport. What am I looking at, £50 - £60 a month? Or do I get a zGemma and have everything in SD for £120 upfront then £30 a year.

Decisions decisions.

I watched the game with this app no problems

http://apk.livenettv.xyz/

Decisions decisions.
That's unlimited fibre I'm guessing? I've been talking to them today about the rise in line rental and the best I was offered was £30 with the setup waived (still £9.99 P&P mind). Couldn't even get a calls package off them.

There's no HD+ anymore, for new customers you'll pay £49.50 for the basic TV plus Sky Sports with a one off £15 cost. That's with a 1TB Q box but you do get a £75 pre-paid Mastercard(?).

You might get better since you've got BB with them but I doubt it.

Edit: BT Sport would be extra of course, https://www.productsandservices.bt....ackages?s_intcid=con_sportoverview_to_skyonly

That's unlimited fibre I'm guessing? I've been talking to them today about the rise in line rental and the best I was offered was £30 with the setup waived (still £9.99 P&P mind). Couldn't even get a calls package off them.

There's no HD+ anymore, for new customers you'll pay £49.50 for the basic TV plus Sky Sports with a one off £15 cost. That's with a 1TB Q box but you do get a £75 pre-paid Mastercard(?).

You might get better since you've got BB with them but I doubt it.

Edit: BT Sport would be extra of course, https://www.productsandservices.bt....ackages?s_intcid=con_sportoverview_to_skyonly
Yeah unlimited fibre as I stream a lot of TV, movies and sport (when it works).

Blimey BT Sport is a lot more expensive than I thought. My mate pays £56 for everything on a Q box plus 2 wireless boxes in bedrooms. I think I'm gonna give the zGemma a go. I've got Kodi as a backup.

Zgemma does it for me, got 2 boxes for living room and bedroom for the price of 2 months with Sky. We watch and record whatever we like. Was with Sly from day one of them starting and all I got offered was 50% off my bundle but not sports or movies or broadband so would only have saved @ £20 off £100 a month so I said bye. Not heard a dicky bird off them since I left in September, but the zgemma's been great , I see all the games BT Sport or Sly Sports , Movies, Box office and stream movies through Exodus.

Zgemma does it for me, got 2 boxes for living room and bedroom for the price of 2 months with Sky. We watch and record whatever we like. Was with Sly from day one of them starting and all I got offered was 50% off my bundle but not sports or movies or broadband so would only have saved @ £20 off £100 a month so I said bye. Not heard a dicky bird off them since I left in September, but the zgemma's been great , I see all the games BT Sport or Sly Sports , Movies, Box office and stream movies through Exodus.
Do u have iptv or just the std box?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.