U18's games/results 2016/17

Nmecha is an interesting one. Last year when I watched the Youth CL games and the other ones which were streamed, he looked like a world beater powerhouse of centre forward, who can actually dribble past defenders easily and create chances on his own too as well as arriving well in the box. Then few injuries came and stuff, and this year he looks like a shadow of last year's player. Is this observation right, or am I missing something? Obviously you lot had the chance to watch him more often and closer.

As for his chances, yeah, I think in general it can be said that strikers and centre backs have it the toughest to break through, especially as we are packed with talented strikers anyway (Kelechi, Jesus, Unal, Lorenzo Gonzalez...)

Certainly not going to write off Lucas just yet. I think you are right that he isn't quite the same as pre injuries but he is still very young ( still picked for the major 18's games) and playing mostly above age group. In some ways I love his attitude where he thinks he is the man to score the goals and he likes to get into a shooting position and have a go above all else but at times he just tries that too hard when he should be passing. Don't think his passing ability is great though.

Reminds me quite a bit of Harry Kane with that physical bustling approach and desire to get shots off.

Certainly not going to write off Lucas just yet. I think you are right that he isn't quite the same as pre injuries but he is still very young ( still picked for the major 18's games) and playing mostly above age group. In some ways I love his attitude where he thinks he is the man to score the goals and he likes to get into a shooting position and have a go above all else but at times he just tries that too hard when he should be passing. Don't think his passing ability is great though.

Reminds me quite a bit of Harry Kane with that physical bustling approach and desire to get shots off.
Perhaps I was being a little harsh on the lad, might be because of the stellar talent around him that I'm not giving him his due.

Thanks for your answer, I think I'm of the same opinion as you, although you clearly have greater knowledge regarding this, to start with. :) And it's absolutely possible that he will still become a first tier player, maybe even an international one, but at the same time it's (perhaps sadly) highly unlikely that we will see him make a senior City debut whatsoever.

Thanks for your answer, I think I'm of the same opinion as you, although you clearly have greater knowledge regarding this, to start with. :) And it's absolutely possible that he will still become a first tier player, maybe even an international one, but at the same time it's (perhaps sadly) highly unlikely that we will see him make a senior City debut whatsoever.

He needs to shine at U23's level or have a successful loan or both.His performances need to demand inclusion in the first team. I have seen in recent years a couple of Chelsea youth strikers who looked seriously good and probably better than Nmecha. All seems to have gone quiet for Solanki (still time) whilst Tammy Abrahams is setting records at Bristol City on loan. It's just not easy to "make it" and the next 2 years will tell us a lot more.

I will be watching him and Thierry Ambrose ( gutted he seems to be injured again) plus coming up on the rails is Lorenzo Gonzalez

I assume there is nowhere online to watch the U18's today? No Sancho or Diaz (played for U23's last night), so would have been interesting to see how they are going to cope with that.

Young side out there today:

City:
Muric (18), Frimpong (U16's), Latibeaudiere (17), Rosler (16), Wilson (17), Smith (17), Bolton 17, Dele Bashiru (17), Gonzalez (16), Foden (16), Poveda (16)
Subs: Sokol (16), Ogbeta (16's), Pozo (16), Richards (U16's), Hardy (18)

City v Boro 3-0 Was 3-0 at HT. They short changed us in the second half - they've been scoring over three a game all season. We had a fourth but the Ref disallowed it from an imaginative paragraph from his favourite Enid Blyton book. Our lino was partially sighted - several decisions given the opposite way to what should have been. I meant to book him an eye test at Asda on my way out! And one of ours got booked after another of ours was fouled. Must have said summat but the ref was a bit of a prancing peacock.

The top and bottom of this game revolved around me thinking that we had the equivalent of a couple more players on the pitch. Boro were tidy and defended well but City U18s are relentless.

City v Boro 3-0 Was 3-0 at HT. They short changed us in the second half - they've been scoring over three a game all season. We had a fourth but the Ref disallowed it from an imaginative paragraph from his favourite Enid Blyton book. Our lino was partially sighted - several decisions given the opposite way to what should have been. I meant to book him an eye test at Asda on my way out! And one of ours got booked after another of ours was fouled. Must have said summat but the ref was a bit of a prancing peacock.

The top and bottom of this game revolved around me thinking that we had the equivalent of a couple more players on the pitch. Boro were tidy and defended well but City U18s are relentless.

Interesting summary. Pretty accurate too

How are Aston Villa doing seeing has we play them next week? Will it be shown on City's Facebook page ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.