City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

So the annoyance could have been directed at the officials... it was their ineptitude or bias (you decide) that got the score to 1-1...Under the rules of the game it was obvious that the goal should have been disallowed....
Seriously? Imagine how many pages would be added to the ref's thread if City had a goal disallowed for that. Never in a million years offside, didn't come close to playing the ball and was ten yards away from the keeper. Stones was blocking Caballero's view as much as the Swansea player, and if he hadn't given Sigurdsson all the time and space he needed there'd have been no threat.

Never mind Gillingham (which was magic).... what about QPR? I know at least two people who left before 93:20 and who missed the whole celebration.... love Bute's and everyfink!

Yes Joe but nobody on here has ever admitted to leaving early from both the Gillingham and QPR games. some Blues head for the exits like clockwork on 85mins so somebody must have left early from the two classics?

So the annoyance could have been directed at the officials... it was their ineptitude or bias (you decide) that got the score to 1-1...Under the rules of the game it was obvious that the goal should have been disallowed....

My money is on complacency creeping in... the team looked half asleep second half and the work rate for the majority of the half was abysmal compared to the first half... perception is everything and some fans, like it or not, are affected by the performance...

I didn't see the offside from where I sit in 102, I only saw it on TV later on. Although the refereeing wasn't great, yet again, it certainly wasn't in the Anthony ' Alty' Taylor category. Even so, why would a supporter leave in disgust ? Why not stay and voice your displeasure and get behind the team as a result. You mention complacency creeping in. Exactly my thoughts, not the team though, a section of our support who storm out when things don't go our way. As I've said before, early leavers have always been part of our crowd. It's the sulkers who exited dramatically yesterday that made the issue of early leaving so noticeable. From a personal point of view, it must affect the team if during a break in play late in the game, as occurred yesterday, the players see the mass exodus from all parts of the ground, when the game is on a knife edge, we are up against the odds, and need a late goal. Seeing young Jesus ecstatic at scoring the winner for his new team, turn to face the fans and realise that probable a third of the crowd weren't there. It's a good job the players stayed to the end. The fans who did witnessed a fantastic end to the game and left the ground on a real high. The sulkers, still stomping away in a gruff will have only heard what occurred. Their loss.

I stayed until 2-1. However people pay the money they can leave when they want be that at half time or 95 minutes. Unless you are paying for their seat nothing to do with anybody else. If they miss important goals they have themselves to blame. It takes all sorts at a game. I love the atmosphere that is a lot worse than it used to be. A lot worse. No wonder some people leave early. The players deserve a lot more from all the fans, not just the ones that leave early.

Just my two pennies worth... I go with my brothers - one of whom travels to games from the Bristol/Bath area. Leaving just before the final whistle (90, 91 or 92nd minute) can make a one to two hour difference to the time he gets home.

I didn't say that I left early, but I know people who do and I know people who leave when we are playing crap and they used to go when we were really bad, I e Billy McNeill, Stuart Pearce, they still do it now, if we are bad they are up and off, I once saw them go early at an away game, the thing is it takes all sorts, what we really should be asking is where those people were who fill the empty seats when we play united etc.. not some poor twat who paid in and just happened to leave early. sorry my reason for posting is because my earlier post made it appear that it was me that always left early, which I openly admit that I have done at times, I suppose it depends on what mood I am in, has anyone ever noticed that if we are tonking Trafford hardly anyone leaves

Last edited:
Just my two pennies worth... I go with my brothers - one of whom travels to games from the Bristol/Bath area. Leaving just before the final whistle (90, 91 or 92nd minute) can make a one to two hour difference to the time he gets home.

Individuals choice when they leave. But your brother needs to get to grips with if he is from the Bristol area or the Bath area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.