United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Kielty filling in today for Steve Wright on radio 2 today, speaking to the sports fella after the news at 3pm.

Kielty : " well both our teams have big games this weekend. Utd are flying and are on a great unbeaten run (3 games?). I am so looking forward to our game this weekend."

Sports fella : " yes my team liverpool take on Spurs in a 6 pointer. If they win they go 1 point behind them. I'm excited about it. Off the top of my head, I've forgotten, and I should know but who are Utd playing ?."

Kielty : " I don't know !."

I've paraphrased what Kielty said. He went on about Utd, and of course he knew nothing about the club he 'chose' to support. He then made some self deprecating quip about Utd sealing sixth spot in an effort to deflect away from the fact he had been exposed as just another rag glory hunter with little or no interest in his 'team'.

Does that ring any bells ?.

Last edited:
I can never understand how they can operate from there and still comply with FFP.
All their revenue and expenditure still has to go through the UK based company, then they remit the profits back to the holding company in the Caymans to pay less tax. FFPR don't actually take tax into account, as you can only pay corporation tax on profits and the UK PLC are still paying NI, VAT etc.

All their revenue and expenditure still has to go through the UK based company, then they remit the profits back to the holding company in the Caymans to pay less tax. FFPR don't actually take tax into account, as you can only pay corporation tax on profits and the UK PLC are still paying NI, VAT etc.
That's fine but isn't the cloak and dagger movement of money eg where the monies appeared from/refinance the PIC's a couple of years ago.

I was going to go on and on but I'd end up posting stuff that would make little or no sense, it just doesn't sit right with me that's all.

That's fine but isn't the cloak and dagger movement of money eg where the monies appeared from/refinance the PIC's a couple of years ago.

I was going to go on and on but I'd end up posting stuff that would make little or no sense, it just doesn't sit right with me that's all.
They sold off a load of non preference shares and took out some bonds iirc, nothing fancy, it's the equivalent of remortgaging your house to pay off your credit card bills. The debt is still there but the interest is less and the repayment date is further away, plus they got some cash to play around with. The good news is that they're not making any headway on paying the debt off and interest rates can only go up.

They sold off a load of non preference shares and took out some bonds iirc, nothing fancy, it's the equivalent of remortgaging your house to pay off your credit card bills. The debt is still there but the interest is less and the repayment date is further away, plus they got some cash to play around with. The good news is that they're not making any headway on paying the debt off and interest rates can only go up.
I think the debt might serve to prevent the Glazers from having to sell.

I think the debt might serve to prevent the Glazers from having to sell.
Not really, they'd probably get €2.5-3bn for the club and the debt stands at €800m or so, that's enough money for them to stick it on an index share fund and retire if they wanted to, so either anyone with the cash thinks (like me) football is coming towards the peak of a bubble and there's no growth potential and the offers aren't there or they actually have no interest in selling, either way it's good news.

Not really, they'd probably get €2.5-3bn for the club and the debt stands at €800m or so, that's enough money for them to stick it on an index share fund and retire if they wanted to, so either anyone with the cash thinks (like me) football is coming towards the peak of a bubble and there's no growth potential and the offers aren't there or they actually have no interest in selling, either way it's good news.
I shall trust your judgement whilst I raise a glass to the beautiful gorgeous Glazers. God love em xxx

LOL.

Interesting that apart from the money from the new PL deal, they've virtually stood still compared to the previous half-year results. But wages and amortisation have shot up. Even if they turn over £530m in the full year, those two items alone will probably eat up over £400m of that.
I love it when you talk dirty.

David_Gill.jpg
This +1
Why isn't every other club kicking off about this? It is blindingly obvious what that Rag Gill is up to. The scumbags have engineered this situation so they can clearly influence things in their favour. The fact that they have been so blatant about it is laughable. C***S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.