We can still win the league

Anything possible just need keep the faith. Chelsea big favorites but keep chipping away anything possible especially with city. If we don't win it won't be a disaster there's good times ahead I truly believe in pep and I think will be a proper force next season. I deffo think were gunna end up with some silverware but don't know what :) come on you blueboys.

Really grates the points we dropped missing two penalties at home to Everton. The last minute equaliser by boro. The disgraceful referring performance by Taylor.

Yep the Everton game and the boro game was our own fault the Chelsea game that STILL pisses me of with that refereeing performance by that rag k-unt

Yep the Everton game and the boro game was our own fault the Chelsea game that STILL pisses me of with that refereeing performance by that rag k-unt
And the home games against Spurs and Southampton. The display against Saints wasn't brilliant, but another late goal conceded meant two more points gone west. And we should have beaten Spurs.

Can't give up but we would still I think realistically have to win probably 12 out of the last 14 games, not forgetting that we still have to play Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and The Rags in the remaining fixtures.
Not only that Chelsea would have to slip up in 4 games to. If we would have got the home wins vs Everton, Southampton, Middlesbrough and Spurs we would have been just 3 points behind going into tomorrows night game.
That aside still 42 points to play for and i'm sure we will relish the challenge.

And the home games against Spurs and Southampton. The display against Saints wasn't brilliant, but another late goal conceded meant two more points gone west. And we should have beaten Spurs.

Don't think the Southampton goal was late. Still a cock up by Stones though.

Should have beat Spurs. Just can't shut up shop properly at the back.

We still have to play CL games, though I think we might struggle to get past Monaco, and that will have some degree of impact on our domestic campaign. All we can do is apply pressure.

Don't think the Southampton goal was late. Still a cock up by Stones though.

Should have beat Spurs. Just can't shut up shop properly at the back.
No, it wasn't, Redmond rounded the keeper to make it 0-1 in the first half and Nacho came on as a sub and equalised - Boro was the last gasp equaliser when we didn't take our chances to put the bastards away.

Maths are starting to edge back towards our favour, however, admittedly I'm a happy clapper, but can't see a title push until we sort the GK & defensive situation - Bravo has been a disaster so far & has given his defence little confidence which has in turn made them erratic on a good day without Vinnies leadership & whilst Willy may have turned a corner he isn't the sort of keeper title wins are built upon. I hope I can be proved wrong.

The reason we will not win is, we do not have a good, consistent defence. To win the league you need to be able to win by one goal and not concede. I do not think this year that is possible. Out of the top six we have by far the worst goalkeepers, we do not have top quality fullbacks and regular centre backs, a prerequisite for a potential league champion winning team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.