Most you have ever won on a bet?

A wife. I bet her something, lost, bought her a drink as a forfeit, and the rest is history.

And, I fixed the bet to lose!!

£1, 10p on a 10-1 shot back in 1975. Enough for a night out.

I was stood on the concourse at WBA next to a couple of City fans who each bet £100 on City to win 0-4. Dont know how much they won, but I did wonder how much they lost over the course of a season making those sorts of bets.

40 years ago I won just short of £100 off 3 winners on a 5p yankee, Traceys son won the Dante stakes at 50/1 which I've never forgot also added a 5/1 and a 100/30, the other horse was second at 5/1.

In 2005 I got a tax rebate off the dole. I nearly didn't open the giro that day because the day before I had received a giro for £1.34 or something ridiculous.
Anyway, it was over £400. Post office wouldn't cash it so I took it in a cheque cashing place. Went across the road and put a £5er e/w on BlueMoonHitman.

Romped home at 25/1

A year or so ago I'd a ten team acca and was waiting the next morning for one team (it was an Australian team) won a hundred quid and I was skint that week so it came in handy

Was out with a lad last week that put 300 quid on the Patriots to win the Super Bowl at half time. 48-1.

Yep, 14.5K win in the biggest upset in sports history.(unless you bet on us to win the prem with 4 mins to go vs qpr of course :-) )

I used to go out with a gal who worked part time in a bookies. She used to phone up when her dodgy punters gave her background info. I used to walk up the road and put the same bets on, despite not having a clue what was what. I won quite a bit over the few months she was there.

Apart from that I've got 20 with one of the rags in the office as to who finishes higher this season, us or them. Trouble is, we've just booted him - do I phone him up now and ask for the cash - or wait 'til the end of the season?

I used to go out with a gal who worked part time in a bookies. She used to phone up when her dodgy punters gave her background info. I used to walk up the road and put the same bets on, despite not having a clue what was what. I won quite a bit over the few months she was there.

Apart from that I've got 20 with one of the rags in the office as to who finishes higher this season, us or them. Trouble is, we've just booted him - do I phone him up now and ask for the cash - or wait 'til the end of the season?
Worth losing £20 not to have to work with a rag :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.