Referees/Officials

Trying to remember a more exciting, end-to-end game.

Quite unbelievable how good the game was.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but apparently this guy (Lahoz) is something of a controversial figure in Spain with an anti diving agenda coupled with a Clattenburg style ego. Nothing wrong with that but if it becomes too much of an obsession it's easy to start seeing every penalty incident as a dive because, subconsciously, you want it to be so that you can be seen as being right.

No i'm not. You guys can't read correctly?

Kun dive way before the contact, from this, its not a penalty. Blame kun, if he didnt dived, it was 100% a penalty.

Its just like your goals, i never said they were outside. I said it was tough to judge at full speed, since theyre on the same line than the ball, and i'm glad that the ref let the adv. to the attacking side. Just like Kun fault : Hard to judge but perfect call. That was my point.
You're wrong and your team got twatted.

Not trying mate, I want a penalty like any other city fan .
But if you watch it he's on his way down before he gets touched by the keeper.
If it was another team it would be called clever play .

Around the 2 min mark have a watch see what you think ?

Have you ever played football? Would you wait for the tackle to break your legs or move to minimise impact? How on earth would anyone, let alone a city fan, think this is a dive and not a pen??? Could you watch the GIF below and explain to me:

1. Where is the meaningful keeper touch to the ball?
2. How is Augero supposed to stay on his feet and continue his dribble with both keepers legs on his shins?

I stayed up last night after the game to watch the controversial decisions on TV as I was convinced the ref was wrong. We have had so many decisions go against us this season that every city fan believes every decision by a referee is wrong.

I don't agree that Aguero dived, although I will try and look at it again. I think Aguero was taken out by your keeper but it looked like the keeper got the ball first. I would say no penalty, but no yellow. I had no idea why you were awarded a penalty at the time, but watching back, Otamendi makes a tackle on Falcao and it was not clear from the TV pictures as to whether he gets the ball. Sterling's first goal was slightly offside but it was a very fine decision.

Fox TV did the line across the pitch graphic and Raheem was clearly behind the ball when it was played - no offside.

3 mins for 8 goal celebrations & all the subs excessive?

Is Eccles time the opposite of baconface time? ;)

*lol* Sorry I just meant excessive for the second half, not excessive for the whole match. Once we had scored five I just wanted to get it finished and cheer the lads off. Yes Eccles time is different, we measure it in cakes. Three cakes is one minute, 20 cakes is half an hour and 35 cakes is an hour. ;-)

Fox TV did the line across the pitch graphic and Raheem was clearly behind the ball when it was played - no offside.

3552627.jpg

Offside here just before the ball seems to left (tough angle), but take one frame before and he isn't. That's why the line are shit. Especially from this angle, you can't tell where the ball goes off the feet.
It's not human to see it at full speed => Advantage to attack => Good call.

I see that the Spanish ref was just as bad last night, booked Sergio for diving when most of the fans around me were getting texts saying the he was fouled. so it just goes to show that we're not the only country to have bad refs in the league. Is there any one out there that can confirm that it was a penalty or not.

It wasn't fucking offside though, doesn't matter a jot about the attacker getting any sort of advantage as it was a completely legal goal.They showed it from the camera that was completely in line and it was NOT offside.

3552627.jpg

Offside here just before the ball seems to left (tough angle), but take one frame before and he isn't. That's why the line are shit. Especially from this angle, you can't tell where the ball goes off the feet.
It's not human to see it at full speed => Advantage to attack => Good call.

He's reffing the Atlético Madrid - Barcelona game this weekend. Let's see if he books Messi for diving.

Here's an interesting quote about him from www.sport.es, in an article headed El Sospechoso Historial de Mateu Lahoz (The Suspicious History of Mateu Lahoz):

A certain José Mourinho, then manager of Real Madrid, said this about the ref: "Es fantástico, lo quiero cada domingo" ("He's fantastic, I want him every Sunday").

No comment necessary!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.