Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point.

An enormous amount of people have been priced out of going to see football, if City can bring back reasonably priced tickets, these fans would come back in their 1000's.

Except the crowd is twice what it was in the 90s and our STs are some of the cheapest in the league.

I know someone from Manchester through work who gave it all the big one about giving him a shout when I came up. I kept forgetting and he'd say - oh you should've given me a shout. One day I remembered and - oh, ah, well, uum, not this week mate.

Turns out he never went at all and there's thousands like him. All mouth

However our fan base is growing, time for the expansion

It's been a longtime since anyone had a substantive update to post and I was looking forward to WW's info trickling through.

I reflect on the chat I had with John Stemp during the expansion works where he made it clear that whatever happens the mindset from Abu Dhabi is 'Never brag or boast just do it and let others make comment'.

That said there certainly seems a calm and confident feel to what comes next.

It's been a longtime since anyone had a substantive update to post and I was looking forward to WW's info trickling through.

I reflect on the chat I had with John Stemp during the expansion works where he made it clear that whatever happens the mindset from Abu Dhabi is 'Never brag or boast just do it and let others make comment'.

That said there certainly seems a calm and confident feel to what comes next.

Your thread more than any has stimulated the imagination and opinion of those who post on it.
Other threads mainly comment on past events whereas here we can do that whilst anticipating what is likely or even possibly can happen.

Certainly very little comes easily in the form of publicity from our owners who simply carry out whatever business plan they have to deal with, after all they have no need for accolades from the press and have their own way of dealing with adverse criticism and / or direct lies.
The culture may be alien to us but at least we can be confident that things are likely to happen but the timing is missing so we have to rely on the need for any construction work to be signalled by UK legal notices.

We can have views on our likely news whereas other clubs can only hope for just a fraction of what we have already achieved.

Totally agree with what fbloke said , the Abu Dhabi way is to go quietly and purposefully about City's business . It is in my opinion hard to fault what they have achieved , best City team i have ever watched and gets better every year , best City stadium by miles and an academy the envy of most other clubs. Some things might need to improve but I have confidence that they will in time be updated/ improved. As a fan of nearly 50 years I still can't believe the quality of the team i am watching in a stadium that is one of the best in England . For me all and more than I ever dreamed of as a kid . I'm old enough to remember previous City owners shouting about the big name we are signing and redeveloping Maine Road and non of it coming true , i much prefer the quiet but get things done ways of our new owners.

I wonder how feasible it would be to make all seats in any expansion dirt cheap and not sell them as season tickets? Pain in the arse to buy tickets every week and not be sat in the same seat with your mates every week but instead of selling cheap season tickets and seeing empty seats every week sell them on a match by match basis and ensure the ground is full

I wonder how feasible it would be to make all seats in any expansion dirt cheap and not sell them as season tickets? Pain in the arse to buy tickets every week and not be sat in the same seat with your mates every week but instead of selling cheap season tickets and seeing empty seats every week sell them on a match by match basis and ensure the ground is full
I don't know if you are being serious with that comment, my opinion it's a non starter for me.

You make a good point. Clearly the club will want to sell as many seats as possible as season tickets but it would be good to have a few sections exempt from ST's and sold (on an affordable basis) as you say on a week by week basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.