Best black and white war films.....

I've just discovered TalkingPictures TV on channel 81 Freeview (Sky 343) and it's a goldmine of old British films. Great stuff.

Yes, I've been tuning in to Talking Pictures for some time now. A lot of B-movies dross, but some gems. Almost a social history of Britain. I love the old character actors you saw in war films, and they always had Anton Diffring as a thin-lipped blue-eyed Nazi.Was anyone ever so type-cast?
And does no one else like "The Way to the Stars" as much as I do?

and they always had Anton Diffring as a thin-lipped blue-eyed Nazi.Was anyone ever so type-cast?
You're right about him, but I'll see your Diffring and raise with Karl Otto Alberty. They likely appeared in many of the same films, too.

Dunkirk is a good film and The Man Who Never Was but I can't recall if that film was in black and white.

Dunkirk is a good film and The Man Who Never Was but I can't recall if that film was in black and white.
Dunkirk's a belting film John Mills great actor. " If it's a Jerry don't miss" If I miss you can shoot me.The Way Ahead with David Niven is another good film with a great actor as well.
Charge of the light brigade with Errol Flynn's a top film too.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.