Summer Transfers

I think if we go to 3 at the back, we already have the 3 in Stones, Kola and Ota. I really don't think we need another defender unless someone leaves. The most likely being Kompany retiring. In That scenario, then sure. The other 3 are pretty save unless a juicy bid comes in for Kola or Ota.

I expect all 3 to be here in October.

We definitely need another defender. Wouldn't trust that backline, need someone else in there. Stones Van Dijk Kolarov, now we're talking.

Fabinho
Van Dijk
Rose
William Carvalho
Ederson

Or We can dream

Bellerin
Verratti
Donnarumma
Mbappe
Rose
Laporte
Varane

Fabinho
Van Dijk
Rose
William Carvalho
Ederson

Or We can dream

Bellerin
Verratti
Donnarumma
Mbappe
Rose
Laporte
Varane
Don't see why so many on here think we'll be signing Donarumma with Guardiola in charge, his distribution is shit. Plus he's the last player Milan will want to sell, quite possible they'd hold out for a Pogba level fee and it's unlikely he'd force a move as he's a Milan supporter.

Telegraph reporting Pep wants to sign a core of English players in the summer, Pickford, Rose, Walker and Wilshire are his top targets even though he says English players are expensive, "i believe a home core is essential in any team" he says
Shame we got rid of the current best English keeper, in his prime then. I am not convinced Willy or Pickford's distribution is any better than Hart's.

As far as I know Pep doesn't do "U-turns" but Hart no 1 and Willy no 2 would have been a top combination IMO. Didn't Pep say Hart would only need 3 months to improve his distribution?

I think if we go to 3 at the back, we already have the 3 in Stones, Kola and Ota. I really don't think we need another defender unless someone leaves. The most likely being Kompany retiring. In That scenario, then sure. The other 3 are pretty save unless a juicy bid comes in for Kola or Ota.

I expect all 3 to be here in October.

We need to improve next season. To do that we can't rely on Otamendi as a first choice defender.

Can you suggest 2 left sided CBs that have been better than Kolarov this year? He and Ota have been quite good. And Stones looks better the lo her he starts.
This. There's that saying: 'no matter how good you are, make one mistake and it's never forgotten!' :(

Shame we got rid of the current best English keeper, in his prime then. I am not convinced Willy or Pickford's distribution is any better than Hart's.

As far as I know Pep doesn't do "U-turns" but Hart no 1 and Willy no 2 would have been a top combination IMO. Didn't Pep say Hart would only need 3 months to improve his distribution?
Well I'm doing a U-turn, and agree with you. But sadly it's a lost cause

We need to improve next season. To do that we can't rely on Otamendi as a first choice defender.
Although I disagree on Otamendi, but even if I were to agree, I don't see how that will impede a Stones/Kolarov starting partnership.

In my opinion, Stones is currently the weakest of the 3 defenders in overall performance. But he has been coming on in leaps and bounds. I reckon by next season he'll be a bonafied top end CB with perhaps the best passing CB in Kolarov next to him and a top 5 passing CB in Ota backing them up.

I think people grossly underestimate how good of a trio that is.

It was a strange decision but we are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes, also add Walcott and the Ox to that list i see is being reported today

Dunno if there's any truth in this...

While in talks with Inter Milan on a new long-term contract, Colombian international centre-back Jeison Murillo (24) has been targeted by Manchester City, according to Mundo Deportivo. Previously linked to Barcelona FC, Chelsea, and Real Madrid as well, former Granada player, equipped with an additional Spanish passport, is currently on a deal with Italian club until June 2020, and a rich exit clause might be soon set on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.