The Spring Budget 2017

Just started to watch Corbyn's response and my god, almost as bad as tonights game. Same old tripe, everyone is bored now. He could of attacked the government and he chose to instead go down the protest issues route.. I'm surprised he bothers to turn up, a tape recording of every speech he has ever made would do. We need a proper opposition in this country.

I heard it on the radio - I know its an instant response to something you have mostly not seen previously but it was so disjointed and some of it was a response to what he had anticipated/hoped was going to be said - just came across as odd really. I suppose thats what happens when your opposition front bench isn't filled with the brightest and the best to compose that response.

The fact that this thread is only 5 pages long, tells you it was a pretty tame and low key budget. Anything profound in there and one side at least would be up in arms and we'd be into 50+ pages by now.

to slightly mis-quote Mandy Rice Davies - Conservative Central Office would say that wouldn't they?

Hammond welched on a manifesto promise. Whatever any other party would or wouldn't do is immaterial. The Tories won an out right majority standing on that manifesto that they now just ignore. They talk about fairness and making an economy that works for all yet the biggest breaks are - yet again - at the top end. Its fine if the Tories want to try and deflect from this by blaming a Labour Govt that never was but to be honest if they want to start acting like that they need lessons from Trump because this is a limp wristed effort at best

Boy George introduced extra national insurance payments based on profit for the self employed.So many self employed were already paying well above average

The NI hike is a bit of a kick in the balls for those of us who are self-employed, particularly as it breaks a manifesto pledge (not that I'd ever vote Tory).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.