Parking near/at the Etihad

We park just off every street. Will that area be affected?

Yes

23wv0pk.jpg

This is E1 Zone - existing and the new extended bit.

opb8kp.jpg

I got a parking ticket within the Beswick controlled parking zone approx three years ago. The road I parked away in was just under 1km away from the sign that informed me I was entering said zone. I said this was too far a distance and that i didn't see the sign. The council countered that this was acceptable as repeater signs were sited within the zone. I checked and one repeater sign wAs 3.5m past the perimeter sign itself. I lost my appeal with MCC so took them to a parking tribunal. I won and MCC were told by the adjudicator to increase repeater signs within the zone in line with the road traffic Act. Have MCC installed any more signs within the zone yet? The answer is no, yet Every game I see their traffic wardens ticketing Cars similar distances into the zone. this is Nothing more than a fraudulent extension to their money making scam. Simple as that.

Right I have now been to the consultation for this, and this is looking like a tax on fans, and another way to try to get people using the trams and buses to get to the ground.
The boundries for the residential parking is to be increased to a 2-3 mile radius, and a visitors pass will be a set figure no matter if you only need to park once or twenty times.

Also they refused to meet people as a group, but instead you had to talk to council reps by household.
They couldn't answer where the £45 figure came up, admitted that the majority they had spoken to were unhappy with the new plans.
I sugested that they meter the area for event days only @£2 a time you pay on the day, with free parking for residents, that way they still make their money, but not at the same time punishing someone with an arbitrary tax, it's no different than the locals charging the same to park in their streets outside the present zone, and if you only park at a mates or family members on night games you are not charged over the odds.

Ah, but the problem here, UG, is that your comments are full of common sense. Councils in their haste to screw the population never take common sense on board.

I struggle getting to midweek games due to work and I have to drive to those. These bull shit parking restrictions will make it even tougher for me midweek to the point where I'll probably not bother if it's impossible to park a reasonable walking distance from the ground.

Weekend I usually get on a mini bus that runs from a local pub so that's not a big issue but champions league, FA Cup replays etc will be a pain in the arse.

It's bullshit! I drive up from Bristol and park on the Asda side of town. Another cost for me to add now to the petrol, food and ST. Think it's the death knell for my regular attendance. What do they propose I do pay for parking or park outside the zones and tram in at extra cost anyway? It's no win for me.

They've got all bases covered City, you'd think they've sat down & discussed how to piss people off the most & drive the attendances down, no parking , shit tram system, massive que's , more & more hoops to jump through , it's just getting too much of a pain in the arse to go. Midweek games especially are just not worth the hassle any more .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.