It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 players out and 6 in, thats what is unrealistic, not including players who we won't be signing...

Out of interest, were they just formations to fit the purchases or do you think we'll line up as such???

The starting front 3 next year will be sterling, Jesus and sane.. make of that what you will!
Is 15 out 6 in that unrealistic ?
We have 6 out of contract Caballero, Sagna, Zaba, Clichy, Toure, Navas.
5 on loan Hart, Mangala, Nasri, Denayer, Bony
Expect to sell Fernando, Delph, Nolito
Kompany , who knows.
That's 14.
Expect to sign keeper, 2 fullbacks, 1 centre, back a centre midfield, 1 attacking mid
14 out 6 in don't think I'll be too far out.

I agree,it's a hell of a lot...not saying it won't/can't happen,but it a lot.
I read some time ago that Pep always likes to work with a small group of players.I wonder if his assessment of that has been changed after seeing how a season can take its toll on players.I feel that its far too many to let go in one push,hence my feeling that about 8 or 9 will be culled in this window.

You can only get rid of players if other clubs want them, apart from those out of contract.

My summer prediction:
Hart - £20m
Nasri - £15m
Bony - £15m
Mangala - £15m
Bravo - £10m
Nolito - £10m
Fernando - £8
Zabaleta - Free
Sagna - Free
Clichy - Free
Navas - free
OUT = £93million

IN:
Fabinho - £35m
Henrichs - £17m
Sessesgon - £10m
Mendy - £25m
Ederson - £40m
Rudiger - £30m
Dahoud - £10m
Isco - £25m
Roberts - return
Denayer - return
TOTAL - £212m

NET: £119m

Are the prices attributed to Bony and Bravo what we'd have to pay to have them taken away?

Some people have quoted Pep saying getting rid of all these players will be impossible. However, I remember Soriano saying last summer that we wouldn't be bringing in many players and then we bought 8 players, where 3 went on loan. I think that City are saying one thing and doing another, especially with certain types in the media. In other words, don't advertise we need a lot of players but do it quietly when everyone else is focusing on this season.

As TH has said previously, possibly 6 or 8 players could come in next season. If we look at the squad now we have 6 out of contract, those on loan not coming back, giving a total of 11 out, with a further 3 or 4 of the current squad, 14-15. That would reduce the whole squad closer to a Guardiola sized squad plus the extra players needed for the Premier League. It's difficult to see it happening in one window, especially with players on large wages but the wage incentives that were introduced could help with that. One thing for certain is that it's going to be another interesting summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.