Our PR department and the media

Its true.

If you go on the BBC Sport home page they have Saturdays Premier LEague fixtures and its all in order.

However for no reson, the Rags game is top of the list.

They've now put the rags second to the Merseyside derby which kicks off earler. However, despite the rest of the 3pm kick offs being in the normal alphabetical order of the home team, the rags now take alphabetical precedence over Burnley, Chelsea, Hull and Leicester.

They've now put the rags second to the Merseyside derby which kicks off earler. However, despite the rest of the 3pm kick offs being in the normal alphabetical order of the home team, the rags now take alphabetical precedence over Burnley, Chelsea, Hull and Leicester.

If we highlight that, it just looks sad and petty but it’s got to the stage now where it’s something 'small' like this constantly. It’s a no win for us. If we say anything we are laughed at and told to not be so sensitive. If we don’t mention anything it will just continue all this constant media bias.

I cant see the offence there. Its clearly explained two players are having a but of banter and not that we were making an illegal approach through an intermediary.

It's dubious to use the phrase "tap him up" in the title of the article (and this preserved for google searches in the future), when not showing use of the phrase in a quote.

They've basically invented a meaning, creating an image of dodginess.

If we highlight that, it just looks sad and petty but it’s got to the stage now where it’s something 'small' like this constantly. It’s a no win for us. If we say anything we are laughed at and told to not be so sensitive. If we don’t mention anything it will just continue all this constant media bias.

So true, for example.
They are running an article on their football website where Scudamore is stating how prem league clubs are aggrieved for their lack of recognition for the work in the community they do.
Now there is no mention of any particular club at all but at the bottom of the article there is a pic of Mata with his rag top on visiting a school.
Petty yes, but it's obvious to me the place is infested with rags and they know exactly what they are doing.

So true, for example.
They are running an article on their football website where Scudamore is stating how prem league clubs are aggrieved for their lack of recognition for the work in the community they do.
Now there is no mention of any particular club at all but at the bottom of the article there is a pic of Mata with his rag top on visiting a school.
Petty yes, but it's obvious to me the place is infested with rags and they know exactly what they are doing.

Exactly mate. You do question yourself and you think, am i over reacting, but I dont think we are at all now. So many small things add up and this is another little snippet which we are expected to just go along with. We should start making a list but then if we did that we will just be ridiculed and be made to look like sad obsessive’s overeating.

The plot thickens, I'm watching the Keys and Gray show on Bein sports and they have the weekend fixtures listed exactly the same!

Not sure what the fuss is about to be honest.

In a literal sense, and even though it's banter, they HAVE tried to 'Tap up' each other by trying to get either one to join the other at their respective club.

The headline has sensationalised this to act as Clickbait, as the number or clicks increases the revenue from advertising that is on their pages. This is all it is, nothing more. To be fair, they have even used inverted commas around the term to suggest it isn't quite as literal as some have taken it.

This is the problem with internet based "journalism". The only way they can make money online is via subscriptions or advertisement, which presumably is paid based on the number of clicks or views a page has.

I doubt their hard copy would have that headline because there is less need to sensationalise it. In most cases the paper will already have been paid for, and therefore there is no need to resort to clickbait tactics.

Rag fans feel as though the MEN is biased against them also, and without wanting to start trawling through the United section of the MEN site, I'm sure you'd see plenty of examples where click bait is used.

In the cold hard light of day it matters not one jot does it really.

5 Live had big noses possible contract extension on every ten minutes the other day, along with commentary of his goals. Total bollocks

I have just clicked on the BBC site and its all in alphabetical order including United.

Maybe you guys are viewing united stuff so often the web has filtered it to give preference to your favourite stuff :-)

I have just clicked on the BBC site and its all in alphabetical order including United.

Maybe you guys are viewing united stuff so often the web has filtered it to give preference to your favourite stuff :-)

It definitely was listed that way earlier. Not that I really care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.