18/19 home and away kits ?

manchester-city-2017-2018-pre-match-top.jpg

manchester-city-17-18-kit-pre-match.jpg

Found next year's training top online. Not a bad effort.

Cool as fuck that.

yeah, are some good adidas concepts out there...

C9bO5TCXoAAKR19.jpg
C9bO79HXgAAR57L.jpg
C9bO_Z3XgAAufae.jpg

The home kit is shit the one on the previous page is excellent apart from not having dark blue socks, however the 2nd and 3rd kits are gorgeous. That 3rd kit is to die for. Fucking Nike won't do anything close.

If I remember correctly (unlikely) its because Malcolm Allison thought that it looked European and big timey. I think Big Mal is where the Red and Black stripes come from too (although I've read we may have worn these in the early 1880's but I suspect that might be incorrect).

Gary James will hopefully clarify.

A combination of the two ultimately led to my favourite contemporary shirt...
ManCity_third_p2.jpg
After copying Milan for the red/black kit Allison designed the blue shirt with red/white sash and white shirt with blue/maroon sash with the intention of them becoming our home/away kits replacing the sky blue. Thankfully it was blocked and they were used as 2nd/3rd kits and as mentioned the socks were used on the home kit. It was emulating a Barca shirt of the same period.

No coincidence that Crystal Palace changed to white shirts with red/blue sash throughout the 70s early 80s just after Allison left!

it's like one of the teenagers in Piccadilly Gardens who's absolutely fucked on spice has designed a tribute to the 80s kit fashion because he's trying to be cool and thinks he could handle what was "acceptable in the 80s".
Lol, agreed, it just needs an Ian Brown style money motif around the neck, would be quite appropriate and self deprecating too

After copying Milan for the red/black kit Allison designed the blue shirt with red/white sash and white shirt with blue/maroon sash with the intention of them becoming our home/away kits replacing the sky blue. Thankfully it was blocked and they were used as 2nd/3rd kits and as mentioned the socks were used on the home kit. It was emulating a Barca shirt of the same period.

No coincidence that Crystal Palace changed to white shirts with red/blue sash throughout the 70s early 80s just after Allison left!
Also worth stating that at one point Allison said he wanted to make the red/black stripes City's first choice. Not as bizarre as it sounds today changing colours so radically at a major club back then - look what Revie did at Leeds.

When City first wore red/black some fans were not happy (there'd be an outcry today if we about to drop maroon our traditional away kit for red/black) but by end of the 68-69 season fans were wearing the colours for away games and of course Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.