City v Arsenal semi-final pre-match thread

City v Arsenal prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't ascribe it to anyone really. Seeing as our defense has played as well as it did against Soton against all the other most non toptier Teams since the end of January.

Played about 10 of those games and conceded 3 chances or less in all but 1
One of them. Got a clean sheet in 7 of those games.

So its strange to me when we do what we've done consistently to teams of that caliber over the last 2 months, then suddenly many pretend it happened for the first time last weekend. And the sole reason is our captain.

I love the guy too. But I don't lie to myself. He was good. But so were all the other defenders who have been quite good against teams like that for about 2 months.

So, no I don't ascribe our improved defense to Kompany. Why? Because that's a false premise: Best I can say is our defense did not get weaker with Kompany coming in after a long layoff. It had been good for 2 months.

However, the drive to actually win us the game, that I will gladly give to him.

He in fact won us that game with his effort and passion on that corner kick. And I voted him man of the match for it.

On his thread some poster correctly pointed out that he was shaky in the beginning of that game, and gave up a few poor tackles, and was the one out of position in their 2 early attacks before we took the game over.

That guy was quickly admonished by Zimmer... But nothing he actually said was factually innacurate.

And for what its worth, defensively I thought Ota and Navas both had better games.

Now you got me talking, and a backlash and the insults are sure to come :-)

Fingers crossed, and hope the dreaded "rag" insult doesn't make the list (:

First time I have to agree with a rag.
Too many judge on either a daily basis, a result basis or on a player being a scapegoat.

I wouldn't ascribe it to anyone really. Seeing as our defense has played as well as it did against Soton against all the other most non toptier Teams since the end of January.

So its strange to me when we do what we've done consistently to teams of that caliber over the last 2 months, then suddenly many pretend it happened for the first time last weekend. And the sole reason is our captain.

I love the guy too. But I don't lie to myself. He was good. But so were all the other defenders who have been quite good against teams like that for about 2 months.

So, no I don't ascribe our improved defense to Kompany. Why? Because that's a false premise: Best I can say is our defense did not get weaker with Kompany coming in after a long layoff. It had been good for 2 months.

He in fact won us that game with his effort and passion on that corner kick. And I voted him man of the match for it.

On his thread some poster correctly pointed out that he was shaky in the beginning of that game, and gave up a few poor tackles, and was the one out of position in their 2 early attacks before we took the game over.

That guy was quickly admonished by Zimmer... But nothing he actually said was factually innacurate.

And for what its worth, defensively I thought Ota and Navas both had better games.

Vincent Kompany is better.

None of those people have ever been, or will ever be, as good. It's been common over the last few years, that lesser players, when paired with Kompany, become better, sometimes they even outperform him on the day. Take him back out & those players either gradually drop in standard or fall off a cliff.

There was nothing special about our defence v Sothampton, but there were big improvements in certain areas. It's no coincidence that we scored from a corner, nor is it a coincidence that Stones got to miss an open net at a corner v Chelsea when Komapany took two players out.

There is no comparison between him & the lightweights trying to replace him. He is better. We need another one, or two, closer to that standard.

I had a dream that I turned up in London on Sunday and found Pep had decided to prioritise the derby... he was playing something like

Gunn
Maffeo* Adarabioyo Kolarov Angelino*
García Nemané
Navas Phoden Sancho
Iheanacho

*Who isn't even bloody here.

We won on penalties.

I had a dream that I turned up in London on Sunday and found Pep had decided to prioritise the derby... he was playing something like

Gunn
Maffeo* Adarabioyo Kolarov Angelino*
García Nemané
Navas Phoden Sancho
Iheanacho

*Who isn't even bloody here.

We won on penalties.
No harm done then.

Ospina, Perez, Mustafi are all out injured. Wellbeck a slight doubt. Peter Cech fit?

You don't half talk some shit Yankee boy...

I look forward to your 'well I've been saying this' diatribe post Wembley summation..

Note to self, you can't have your cake and eat it numpty, the reason the defence looked more comfortable is due to the psychological impact Kompany gives the back line, clichy arguably had his best game of the season but has also played in those 10 games you mentioned,'coincidence???

You just scream out of a guy who has never played the game in any shape or form, other than Pro Evo/FIFA. Communication has been the shortfall of the defence all year, a person able to organise whilst on the field, ffs I'm arguing with an American who thinks that guy is otamendi....

Back in your box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.