Daily Mail Article (Pep allegedly wants improved atmosphere)

A couple of things in play, City are the poster boys for the new football business with CFG etc and everything the club does us now is pulled apart - negative news about City sells a lot more than good news so it won't ever stop.

The second issue is that the club have done far too much too soon and are now struggling with a real, meaningful fan engagement - it's my own opinion that there has been a scattergun approach for too long meaning little is done well enough and that all we see is the sponsored conversations.

The Campus was a worldwide story, NYC was followed by Melbourne and then the massive investments ( which I fully support BTW ) in the women's team all diverted attention and focus.

Whilst that is going on the club is talked about as part of the CFG with clubs being added whilst local and global sponsors pile up, again more dilution of the key link between fans of MCFC and the club itself!

Will the club revisit the issue? I don't think they will as long as Soriano is in place as he is quite literally fixated on out doing Barca in global reach and has a point to prove about the things he said they should have done.

Sadly in his vision City have bastardised the 'more than a club' idea and offered us a bit part as fans of something that is 'no longer just a club'

Sadly I think there is now no going back.

maybe we can be like the Arsenal fans, they never leave early to get the tube etc. and they are fully behind their manager.. (in other words get a fuckin grip on reality)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.