Referees/Officials

I think if any banner were to be made it would have more impact if it were calling for something achievable such as bringing in video refereeing, that's something other clubs could also get behind which is far more likely to achieve something more than people just taking the piss out of us.

Spot on

I'd like to see that table too, but only because I don't think it'd paint quite the picture some people expect it to. we've been on the receiving end of some shocking decisions this season but I think we may be overstating the impact it's had on us over the course of the season. It's our performances that have let us down. Based on how we've played in comparison to the teams around us, we're pretty much exactly where we should be. The two years we won it we were the best side in the league and i think if we hit those kind of performance levels again then we'd be back up there.

I'm sure Liverpool fans on one of their forums had a 'par' league which had all the decisions corrected to see how the table looked.

I'm still a believer in it evening itself out over a season. I also believe we get more decisions made either way as we are one of the best teams in the league and so see more of the ball and in more attacking areas where the decisions are going to have a match changing effect.

I do think the FA have an agenda though and don't recognise/want us to be big.

I'd like to see that table too, but only because I don't think it'd paint quite the picture some people expect it to. we've been on the receiving end of some shocking decisions this season but I think we may be overstating the impact it's had on us over the course of the season. It's our performances that have let us down. Based on how we've played in comparison to the teams around us, we're pretty much exactly where we should be. The two years we won it we were the best side in the league and i think if we hit those kind of performance levels again then we'd be back up there.
It's probably a mixture of us getting some rough decisions and us not being as good as we could/should be, particularly at crucial moments in both boxes. Reality is we can only control the contollables as it were so IMO the main thing we should be focusing on is being much better on the pitch.

we dont need banners or tennis balls,we need pep to come out in the next press conference and say it how he sees it,so what he gets a fine it would be out there , he needs to get the protection for his players, silva was targeted yesterday, no booking, aguero was hit had from behind on a couple of occasions.

speak up pep,focus attention and this will stop.

mistakes by the officials did cost us today.....there will be some that say its deliberate others that say its just human error......

the aguero one was a penalty but similarly so is the navas one. The disallowed goal is just poor from the linesman who got it wrong......

Bad decisions but deliberate I don't know...it would have to be one huge bloody conspiracy if that is the case (and before anyone says, i understand the reasons why there could be a conspiracy and agree with them).....Im just not sure if its deliberate or not

I the Navas one is a penalty then Xhaka hauling down Yaya in the box, is also a penalty.

Better performances are the way to beat this. I think Pep knows that too. At the moment Joe public sees a under-acheiving team who are now moaning that decisions havent gone their way. No one will listen and it would be quite easy for the FA/Prem/PGMOL to fight that with the apprpriate press releases discounting this myth.

Video technology would stop all of the bad ref decisions from next season. The goal from yesterday for example would have stood, the penalty against liverpool, the pull back of Ageuro against Chelsea etc. I just hope it comes in time for next season! If it doesnt I fear the refs will have one last field day season with City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.