Rate this season

As expected 6/10
getting knocked out by Monaco was the biggest disappointment for me.
Really happy with all the signings from the summer so that's the positive
Bravo and Nolito? Surely not. Jury still out on Gundy due to yet another injury. Sane the best, Stones good and improving as the season went on. Jesus will be a star. Season 4/10 and signings 6/10. Overall pass mark for me of 5/10.

Probably depends on where we finish.

Top four considering we would have to improve on our points tally from last year given are best defender has been missing for the whole season in effect , injuries to key players and the fact we have little steel and ageing legs in the defensive half and very average goal keepers is a pass mark just given we should have reached the semi finals of Chumps League this season once again.

If we finish outside the top four ( we really have no excuse to finish worse than third now ) then its a fail for Pep in his first season.

Needed
5b744d2f7a54759e461bb703cdf6d314.jpg

2 wins from 14 against Chels, Tot, Liv, Arse, Eve and Rags in all comps this season. I can't remember a worse return against the top 6 for a long time.
Change that form and keep the form against the lower teams and you stroll the league next year. But how?

it's been a poor season imo because other than Sané and Jesus there was no new blood - so there's a huge number of players that we depended on that may not be there next season. So excusing the results as a necessary transition phase is less credible.

And having seen our style of play and almost ridiculous faith in it at times, I'm less confident in Pep than I was at the beginning.

So I'd rate it 49%.

For a transitional season we've had the usual ups and downs, and learnt a lot about certain players and positions. Namely that our fullback situation has finally hit breaking point.

There are also things we simply couldnt account for, getting a keeper who is seriously good for Chilie and was good for Barca turning to shit the second he landed in Manchester couldn't of been accounted for. Nor could injuries to Jesus and Gundogan.

The major thing we've learnt is we have the same problems we've said we had for the past few years, almost as if certain players just ain't up to scratch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.